Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Two...

As I type this... I no longer have a one year old in the house.
Nope, I don't.  Every since 1:17 this very morning, 
My baby is two!
This little lady brings us to much happiness.

When she gives her fullest grin--
and her bottom teeth disappear under her over bite...
it fills my heart with so much love, I could burst into a million pieces.
Violet is not one to be ignored.
If I don't respond the first time she says
"Mama!" She'll tug on my legs if I'm standing,
climb on my lap if I'm sitting,
or use her tiny hands to turn my head in her direction
 if I'm holding her.
She is very maternal, and usually has two or three baby dolls in tow.
Even taking such great care to make sure they take their naps,
and eat their dinner.  She'll get their mouths close to her food and say
"num, num, num, num."

And speaking of naps-- She's over them.  
She stopped taking naps a few months ago.
Which is the exact same age Pearl stopped taking naps.
However, if we're driving around in the car-- they'll both take a nap.
Usually at a super inconvenient time such as 5:00pm or so.

Whenever music comes on, Violet says "dance!?"
and shakes her little hips from side to side.
Then she tries whatever move Pearl is currently working on...
arabesques, turns with arms high above her head,
toes up on releve...

In fact, she follows Pearl in just about every aspect.
They are the best of friends.
She wants to play what Pearl's playing,
say what Pearl is saying,
wear what Pearl's wearing--
...and you get the point.
As much as she admires her older sister--
I love that they are so different.
Their personalities are night and day.
Pearl is shy, and takes a while to warm up to people,
but when she's comfortable around you, she can be herself.
She doesn't like to hurt anyone's feelings, even if they hurt hers.

Violet loves to be the center of attention, right from the get-go.
She is not afraid to stand up for herself, which is not always a good thing...
If Pearl is doing something that Violet is not pleased with--
{protecting her toys, art supplies, food, not letting Violet pull her hair...}
she'll yank Pearl's glasses right off of her face.
She knows this always produces the results she wants--
a very upset sister.
I'll hear Pearl scream, and walk in to find Violet wearing Pearl's glasses--
with a great big smile on her face.

She may be a little bit of a stinker,
but she has the sweetest heart.
She is so loving, and quick to forgive.
She finds joy in the littlest things,
and can entertain herself for hours.
 She loves to be outside.
In the swings, on the grass, looking for "bewdies" in their nests.
she can't say her 'R's, and it's adorable.
She can say just about any word she wants to say--
but that doesn't mean we can understand what she's saying...
Violet will repeat herself again and again until you know just what she wants--
and don't pretend like you know if you don't...
she won't let a generic "okay," or smile, and head nod slide past her.
She won't be satisfied until you repeat the sentence back to her.
There is one person in this family that understands her every mumbled word,
and that is Pearl.  She'll hear Violet growing frustrated with us,
and yell down the hall:
"She wants her baby wrapped in a blanket!  Like mine!"
These girls are so lucky to have each other.
Violet makes our lives so much sweeter.
Happy birthday to my little two year old!!

I love you to the moon and back.








2 comments:

Cathy Bubert said...

Beautiful, spunky Violet - I love you! Happy, Happy Birthday! XOXO Nana

Shell said...

Priceless. Unforgettable. And oh so true!!! My heart is so full of LoVe! for this little lady - and her mom, dad, and big sister as well ;)

xo Shell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...