Friday, May 4, 2012

Grandpa's Heart

Around 11:00 o'clock this morning--
My Grandpa had a heart attack.
He was out planting his tomatoes when it happened.
He was able to get inside to lay on his bed, and call an ambulance.
Before they left for the hospital,
he asked them to get my cousin Jessie--
who lives in his basement, with her little family.

She came over thinking he was going to give her his final words...
What he said was: 
"Now, I didn't get to my cucumbers, and radishes--
and make sure to water my tomatoes."
And then he was off to the hospital.

I'm not sure who did it, but someone finished planting his veggies,
and all of his plants have been watered everyday since.

When Pearl heard me on the phone with Jessie,
she got out her markers and paper-- and made a card for Grandpa.
 As soon as she finished, we left for the hospital/
When we got there, he was still in the middle of a procedure.
They were able to remove a blod clot that was in his main artery,
on it's way to his heart.
They also placed a stint in his artery to get better blood flow.
The Dr. who performed the procedure
showed us the blood flow images before, and after.
It was incredible what they were able to do for him.
I love my family.
We were all there wether he wanted us to be there or not.
We walked in to see him, 
and he went through the list of why everyone shouldn't have to be there...
"Holly and Sam! You sure came a long way... and Chad! 
You're here with all you have to do."
You would think he would know by now that he is a pretty big deal to us.

It's going to take a while for him to get his strength back,
but he is doing really well--
and we're all glad that he gets to stick around with us a little bit longer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...