Sunday, May 6, 2012

7 years...

 Today marked seven years of marriage for us.
It has gone by so fast!
In seven years, we've have called five different places "home,"
welcomed two dogs into our lives,
brought two beautiful daughters into this world,
seen 4 places of employment,
started our own family business,
grew a beard {Kelly},
sent our daughter off to preschool, and into the big world,
gone through four cars, and settled on a minivan,
lost a baby cousin and grandparent,
gained a brother-in-law, two nieces, and two nephews,
Sent my parents and youngest siblings out on a mission,
watched family and friends go through hard things,
watched family and friends earn degrees, and promotions,
inherited Max the poodle when my parents left for California--
totaling our dog count to three...
and so many more things, that were good,
 and bad, and everything in between.

Our life is by no means perfect,
but I love it just the way it is.

I'm so glad I married that Kelly David Jewkes.
He is a really good person, with a heart of gold.
I love him more now then I did on the day I married him--
 and that was a lot!

I feel lucky, and blessed, and thankful for my marriage--
everyday of my life.









3 comments:

grandma to 16 said...

What a beautiful post....I'm so glad Kelly married "that Bubert girl".......you've added so much to our lives wtih your laugh, creativity, unselfishness and love!!!....and of course cute little Pearl & Violet~~

Happy 7th Anniversay to Mr. & Mrs. Jewkes!!! love you so much~

Cathy Bubert said...

Congratulations! So glad you and Kelly are enjoying this beautiful journey together. You are an amazing family. XOXO

Shell said...

Just sitting here at the computer with tears in my eyes and a heart full of love! You and Kel have both blessed my life in countless ways...

Happy Anniversary to my surrogate parents ;)

Love! Shel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...