Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Nika Dawn

The girls and I just got back from a fun-filled trip to California.
I have a lot to post about that... but first--

Please meet my cousin Nika!
I got to take her Senior pictures last week,
and I couldn't wait to show her off.

This is Nika-- Nika Dawn.
Pearl calls her Meeka.
Pearl and Violet think she hangs the moon.
She is always chasing, or carrying, or playing with someone's kids.

She may have been raised in the Country,
but she is a City mouse at heart.
She is hilarious, and sweet--
creative, and determined...

She will relentlessly tease you--
but wants to know you are happy,
 entertained, and comfortable at the same time.
When she turned sixteen, I was so excited for her to drive--
that I told her I was going to watch her drive away from
 the family party we were at.
She suddenly became nervous, and told me not to watch her-- 
in case she "peeled out, or something" 
I watched anyway-- and she didn't peel out... 
but it made for a good memory ;)
She is a self-made, and soon to be licensed, Nail Artist.
And I do mean artist. 
 You would not believe the nail designs that she free-handedly stencils and paints.

I love my little cousin, who has become an incredible woman--
and by golly! A beautiful one at that.
--but I bet you figured out the beautiful part on your own...










2 comments:

grandma to 16 said...

I always wanted to put the beautiful face with Pearl's adoration!!! She's gorgeous!!!

Fabulous Senior pictures!!

Cathy Bubert said...

Great post about our beautiful, sweet, talented, amazing Nika Dawn!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...