Friday, April 13, 2012

Colored Eggs

 I had read this article here about using fruits and vegetables to dye Easter eggs.
I think I could have had a lot of fun with different colors,
but I just used what we had on hand.
We used spinach, blueberries, and beets.
Sam was there to show Pearl the ropes of egg-dying.
 Being the little artist that she is-- this was right up her alley.
The spinach hardly showed up at all.  I don't think I put enough spinach in the pot...
 The blueberry juice colored the eggs a nice purpley-blue color.
The blueberry eggs were my favorite.
You can bet Pearl's favorite was the beet juice. 
The beet eggs came out to be a pretty pink color.

All of the eggs soaked for a very minimal time,
due to an overly excited little girl...
So I think the colors would have been more vibrant,
 with a longer soak time.
It will be fun to play around with it more next year--
but I love the way these eggs turned out so soft and pretty.



2 comments:

grandma to 16 said...

what a neat idea!! I'm sure Pearl loved the soft pink and purples that her eggs turned to!!!
Funny.........I didn't see the patience of Violet in this activity?(smile)

Cathy Bubert said...

I love it! These are BEAUTIFUL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...