Monday, April 2, 2012

The Burton Family

After our pit stop in Portland--
we made the last 40 minute stretch of our trip. 

I was so excited to see our dear friends, the Burton family.
I've known the Burton family for ten years now, and I love every single one of them.
Their oldest daughter Jessica and I met when 
we went to Ecuador to work in the orphanages.
She has been like a sister to me ever since.
Her family has always made me feel so welcomed and loved,
and I was honored to be a part of her sister Jasmine's wedding.

The last time we were in Oregon
 was when we came for Jessica and Mason's wedding, seven years ago.
{J&M at Jasmine's wedding}
That was also the trip where Kelly asked me to marry him.
He had been home from his mission two weeks to the day.
More on that story later...

I was so happy to get to the Burton Family's charming yellow house.
 The first thing we saw was Jared swinging a long pipe around in the driveway--
kind of like he owned the place.
Jared has a big piece of my heart.
 He always brings me instant JOY the second I see him.
He is the happiest kid in the world!

He gave me a bear hug as soon as I stepped out of the car.
I asked if he remembered me--
which wouldn't be surprising if he had forgoten.
It had been a lot of years...
And it wouldn't be surprising if he would have given me 
a great big hug without remembering me--
 because that is just the type of person Jared is...
but without hesitating a second he said
"Staaaaacey!"

Let me tell you... that made my day! week! life!!
{Me Jared and Jessica on the Oregon coast eight years ago.}

Jared led the way into his house, where we were welcomed by the rest of the Burton family.
We made our rounds around the house,
 then Kelly went to our hotel and watched the Jazz game,
 while I gave manicures to the bridal party.
If someone wasn't getting their nails done--
 they were rushing around the house tying up loose ends for the big day.
We were having so much fun that time flew!
By the time we were finished, I looked at my phone and it was nearly 11:00 pm.
We wrapped things up so everyone could get to bed.
I'm sad to say that I don't have a single picture of our spa night.
That is SO not like me.

 Kelly picked me up, we made sure all of our equipment was ready to go--
Then we crashed into bed.  We had a long day ahead of us... 

3 comments:

Cathy Bubert said...

I love the Burtons! So glad Ecuador brought you together :)

grandma to 16 said...

what an amazing family!

I love Oregon beaches!

Jessica Duff said...

I love you Stacey! I'm so glad you were able to come to Jasmine's wedding! And just like your Mom said, I'm so grateful that Ecuador brought us together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...