Friday, March 2, 2012

a Happy day for a Happy Guy.

Today is Dr. Seuss's birthday.
Pearl's preschool class celebrated him yesterday.
They each got to bring their favorite Dr. Seuss book.
That wasn't a problem for Pearl.
 She walks around the house making up rhymes all day.
So naturally the King of rhyming has always been her favorite.
 We love "There's a Wocket in my Pocket.
However-- there is a part that my tender-hearted Pearl isn't fond of...

"But that Bofa on the Sofa...
Well, I wish he wasn't there."

This makes Pearl {who believes in equality} very sad.

"Why doesn't he want the Bofa there, Mom?
I think he looks really nice..."

I always think that Dr. Suess must have been a really happy fellow.
How could you not be with an imagination like that?
You can't help but feel happy and inspired
 after reading one of his quirky masterpieces.

Happy birthday Dr. Seuss!!
You made the world a happier place :)

3 comments:

the Horton Hurricane said...

Please read her Horton hears a who! Because a persons a person no matter how small

Cathy Bubert said...

Pearl you look soooooo cute!!!!

grandma to 16 said...

Amy & Kelly memorized eggs & green ham....I never could skip even one page!!

I'm so glad you love Dr. Seus, Pearl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...