Friday, January 13, 2012

The Uncooperative Client

Violet paid her first visit to my work today for a trim.
She looks all angelic and compliant in these two pictures--
but a little angel she was not.

I think people would be surprised to hear that 
most of the kids hair we cut are really good.
We are well-equipped with movies, lollipops, toys, bubbles, 
and any other antic we can come up with to appease an unhappy kid.
but... sometimes. Yes, sometimes we get a kid who takes our 
"bending-over-backward to please" efforts, and spits them in our face--
quite literally. 
Now ,Violet wasn't the worst I've seen, cause wow! I've seen bad...
but... she was definitely not in the 
"we're in this together, let's just cooperate and get through it peacefully."
frame of mind.

She wasn't getting what was going on.
She couldn't understand why we wouldn't 
pick her up out of that dang pink car.
She wanted out!

After a rough 15 minutes, with tears, and trying to break free--
we made it through.
Thanks to a red lollipop,
and Kel discovering that holding a blow dryer up to a bubble wand 
creates a perfect stream of bubbles.  
So yes it's true.  
My very own daughter would have 
definitely gone down on the "difficult kid" list.
Good thing she's cute.

4 comments:

grandma to 16 said...

Violet - you are adoreable~~~ she'll get better, Stace! (smile)

Cathy Bubert said...

Violet is a doll, I love her cute new haircut - it was worth the battle.

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

Seriously! How could you get made at that face!

Amanda said...

Looks like she joins Logan on the difficult list! I still feel bad about that last visit. He's due for another one - I don't think I'm ready!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...