Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Things that happened on January 10th, 2012

I woke up this morning from a dream about my cousin Jessie.
I can't remember the details, but I know she was in it.
I checked my phone to see a message from my Mom saying that 
Jessie had her baby girl last night. She was four weeks early.
She weighs only 4 lbs. 15 oz.
 but was healthy and breathing on her own.
Jessie thought it was nothing,
and told Garan they should stay home and wait it out.
Luckily he put his foot down about it--
she was born 13 minutes after getting to the hospital!  

Pearl had her un-birthday party at preschool today,
since her birthday is in the summer.
She was excited to take a treat to share with her classmates.
We made Funfetti cookies, which hello! are delicious!
I wanted to frost them cute, with sprinkles on top,
but just like her bread and noodles--
she wanted them plain.
She came out of school grinning from ear to ear.
She got to unwrap a gift from her teacher,
(a book called: Commotion in the Ocean)
and told me about the song her class sang while circling her.
It goes like this:
(to the tune of 'Here we go Round the Mullberry Bush')
Here we go Round the birthday girl, the birthday girl, the birthday girl.
Here we go Round the birthday girl,
today is Purr-rl's birthday!

Then something about the kids circling around her, 
and she pretends like they are candles and blows them out.
What more could a pretend birthday girl ask for?!

So while Pearl was at preschool--
Vi and I met up with some friends at Mickey D's.
I oohed and aahed over Kristen's baby boy and Mandi's baby girl,
while Violet explored what the enchanted musical playland had to offer.
Violet played Pingu on my phone,
and took her first two screen shots.
Maybe her score was at a record low on Pingu,
but she used those tiny little fingers to press the top button,
and home button simultaneously to take some screen shots--
and I was so proud.

We picked Kel up, ran some errands, and then we came home.
I should just level with you here and tell you that at this point I took a nap.
It was an hour long, and the sky turned from light to dark in that time.
Kelly said that I woke up in a panic shouting:
"Are you kidding me?! I slept through the whole day?!"
This was a rude awakening for him,
as he himself had fallen asleep in his recliner.
Well that was that--
We got up, and the girls and I made 3 big batches of banana bread muffins,
while Kelly slaved away in the garage with a manly D.I.Y. project.
 It involved a trip to Lowe's, a YouTube video, some sawing, and a lot of tools.
When all was said and done, we had a well-built camera slider for Elevated Films.
It's used to create nice smooth panning shots, and usually costs around $250.
Kelly built it for under $40, and I think he is super cool because of it.


last but not least...
tonight Shelly showed me a song called 
Next to Me by Sleeping at Last.
It is dreamy.
I loved it and so will you.
click here  to listen.








3 comments:

the Horton Hurricane said...

Love the post, love the song, and love those babies. Happy un birthday Pearl xoxo way to go Kelly you da man

grandma to 16 said...

loved the song, loved the cookies, loved the preemie, loved the "tool-guy" & loved that a busy mom got a nap!

Cathy Bubert said...

What a full and fun day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...