Saturday, December 10, 2011

Up on the big stage

Today Pearl will be dancing on a big stage for the first time.
Her dance studio is putting on their Winter Showcase,
and Pearl has learned a sweet little dance to Hark, the Harold Angels Sing.
The Mariah Carey version-- which has always been a Christmastime staple.

She is so excited about it-- she had a hard time falling asleep last night.
She was wiggling around and holding back giggles, so I asked her what she was thinking about.
She said I'm so excited for my "formance" tomorrow, and to dance on the stage!

I remember that feeling, and I'm so happy that she's excited about it.
Her costume is laid out, and her after-performance flowers have been purchased.
And don't worry Nana... the camera is ready to go, so you won't miss a thing.

Now, we'll see if she breaks into her own hip-hop moves mid-dance--
just like she did at the last practice...


2 comments:

Cathy Bubert said...

I can't wait for the video!!!! Good luck Pearly Girl :)
Love you, Nana

grandma to 16 said...

It was a wonderful day!!! Pearl you did amazing - and your little wave was the best!!!

was it just yesterday that I was laying out those little leotards and tutu?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...