Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Things of Pinterest

I think that Pinterest is life-changing.

Inspiration galore!!
Everything you love in one convenient place!
Fun to re-pin friends great finds!
{it's like giving a virtual high-five!}

Kelly likes to use a lot of play on words regarding my love for pinterest--
Things like:
"I think I found something that would be of pinterest to you..."
Or, "Don't you find it pinteresting that..."
and that sort of stuff.

If you do not yet have an account--
you must get one!!
If you need an invite, leave me your email address and I'll send you one.
Otherwise it can take weeks to get an account.

One of my favorite things to pin is new recipes.
Here are a few of the recipes that we've tried, and are now on our favorites list.


This photo and recipe are both from The Pioneer Woman.
I can't even tell you how delicious this was--
and how awesome I felt for making it.
She mentions that the chicken was a second thought,
and that the pasta takes the cake--
which is very true.  The chicken was really good-- but the pasta alone is incredible.
Although next time I make it, {which will be soon} I'm going to add shrimp instead.
I think it would be perfect with the lemon and basil.

I pinned numbers 1, 2, and 3 from Gina's Skinny Taste.
She has really delicious, healthy recipes-- which I need to make more often...

This was a very very close second for me, if not a tie...
  Salads are not usually Kel's favorite, but even he loved it.
The combination of the coconut chicken with the flavors of the
 warm honey-mustard dressing is so delicious.
I could pretty much eat this sandwich for lunch everyday.
I press it in a Panini maker, so it's nice and toasty,
and the cheese is slightly melty.
These are vegetarian, and so so good!  The only veggie in the roll up is spinach,
which was good, but I think I'll saute and dice up mushrooms and eggplant to add to it next time.
This bread is spicy, and perfect for the season.
I subbed the all granulated sugar for half granulated,
have brown sugar.  Next time I'll go all brown sugar.
It just makes sense.
If you are a fan of gingerbread, {Mom} you will love this.
 I baked a loaf today, and the girls devoured slice after slice.
It made our home smell very festive.
 I can see this bread being an absolute must for us for
 the months of October through December.

Until next time, when I've found more things of "pinterest."


4 comments:

grandma to 16 said...

awesome!!!! the pumpkin gingerbread yes, yes I must have the recipe. Pumpking is second only to chocolate and it looks delicious!!

What a gourmet cook! delicious looking new recipes to try`yummy~

Cathy Bubert said...

Yummy! I think we need to do some cooking and baking when you visit Long Beach NEXT WEEK!!!!!

Andy and Elise said...

It is time for the Layne family needs to jump on the bandwagon.... Andylayne@msn.com

CC said...

Yes, I need an invite. You have my email. : )

~Carol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...