Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Golden State Thanksgiving

It is Thanksgiving, and we are here in the Golden State celebrating with my family.
I flew in with the girls early yesterday morning.
Kelly and my Grandpa-- who both have an aversion to flying...
dropped us off at the airport at 5:00am, then drove straight on through to California.
They made the trip in less than twelve hours.
They had some amazing conversations that we need to write down.

The last flight of family comes in tomorrow,
and then nearly all of my Mom's family will be here together.
Something to be thankful for, in and of itself.

We spent a couple of hours at Seal Beach today.
It was beautiful, and warm enough to walk in the foamy water's edge.
Violet fell fast asleep on my shoulder, and Pearl faced the water
with her arms outstretched-- taking it all in.

**************

I have so many things to be thankful for.

I'm thankful to be an American,
and for the people who have died for my freedom.
I'm thankful to have a roof over my head, and food on the table.
I"m thankful to have a good dependable car to get us where we need to go.
I'm thankful for a dvr to record good shows to watch with Kelly.
I'm thankful to be the primary chorister.
I'm thankful that we are able to put Pearl in ballet, and that she loves it--
and prays "that we can go to ballet and tap, and preschool" everyday.
I'm thankful for her preschool teacher who has taught her so many new things,
and has creative art projects for them to do every time they go.
I'm thankful for my friends. I have such great friends in my life.
I'm thankful for my cosmetology license. I worked hard to get it,
and I'm thankful to have a skill that I enjoy doing,
and have been able to use for ten years now.
I am thankful for my iphone.
I'm thankful to be able to cook and bake delicious food.
I don't like doing the shopping for it--
but I like making it.
I'm thankful for restaurants and movie theaters.
They make for a great date night, and I sure am thankful for
date nights with my husband.
I'm thankful for my dogs Scarlet, and Gritz--
and my parents dog Max.
I'm thankful for football.
it makes my husband happy, and I enjoy going to games with him.
I'm thankful that Violet loves to hold baby dolls,
and hug them, and kiss them goodnight.
I'm thankful that Pearl draws one picture after another all day long.
I'm thankful that both of my girls love to sing.
At this point Violet mostly hums along with Pearl,
and throws in a word every now and then.
I'm thankful for Kelly's family. They are so fun and they get so loud,
and I love every single one of them.
I love my nieces and nephews very much, and am proud of their accomplishments.
I'm thankful for computers and blogging, and being able to keep record of my life,
and keep in touch with other's lives.
I'm thankful to have my husband as a business partner.
I'm thankful for my camera, and to be able document my life through pictures.
I'm thankful for my brothers, and brother-in-law Scott. Everybody needs a brother or two.
They are pretty much always happy and laid back, and funny.
At least mine are.
Plus, they are all great at being uncles.
I'm thankful for my sisters. They are my close friends,
and the best people to have dance parties with in the kitchen.
I'm thankful for my parents who are the greatest examples to me.
I'm thankful for the sacrifice they've made to move to California,
and lead the missionaries of the Long Beach mission.
They are good at what they do. We miss them,
but I know this is where they need to be right now.
I'm thankful to be a Mother.
Nothing in the world could every be more satisfying,
and rewarding as being a parent.
I'm thankful for Pearl and Violet, and their different personalities.
These little ones come as they are,
and I love watching them become their own little people.
I'm thankful for Kelly.
He has to be the funniest person I know.
He makes me laugh until my face hurts.
I'm thankful to have the gospel in my life,
and know that my family is mine forever.
I'm thankful that I could probably go on with this list--
but won't because holy cow it's long!

Happy Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Cathy Bubert said...

I love your great insights about the many things you are grateful for. I'm grateful for so many things too - especially for you!

the Horton Hurricane said...

I am thankful for you kel Pearl and violet

kelly said...

It was a great thanksgiving!

Andy and Elise said...

Even though I do not work at SkyWest anymore, should Kelly choose to fly I could pull some strings and make sure he gets hooked up!! :)

Happy Thanksgiving!!

grandma to 16 said...

Loved your "thanks list"
Gratitude always seems to fill the biggest part of being happy!!!

ly, sj

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

So...could Violet look any more like you? I think NOT! She is SO dang cute! And by definition, if she looks like you, and she's cute....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...