Thursday, September 22, 2011

Benny-two-shoes

{Ben on his 14th birthday}
Benny my brother--
I can't believe you turn 16 today!
On my way to bed last night,
I passed the photo albums--
and stayed up way to late looking through all of your pictures.

Here you are on your flight home from Guatemala.
You had no idea how excited we were to
 finally have you home with us.
On our way home from the airport,
Grandpa treated us all to Chuck-a-rama--
and you devoured a plate of french fries 
dipped in lots of ketchup.
Benny do you know how happy you have always made me?
My life would not be complete without you in it,
and I'm so thankful for parents who followed their hearts 
to Guatemala, to find you and Mari.
I don't doubt for a minute that you both were meant to be in our family
long before we came to this earth.
You were the funniest little kid.
remember the karate kid phase? 
Or how about when we couldn't take a picture of you
without you pulling a face?
 Best Spiderman I ever saw.
You came up with the fake wall climb pose on your own.
And last but not least,
who could forget the song you wrote yourself called
"The Apple"
It went like this:
"The aaaaaaaple, {now a little higher} the aaaaaaaaaaple."

I love you forever little buddy,
and I wish we were in California to celebrate with you. 
 Happy birthday!



3 comments:

Cathy Bubert said...

Ohhhh, I love this perfect post! You are right our family wasn't complete without Ben and Mari. They are luckly to have such an amazing big sister.
xoxo Mom

Danelle and Alex said...

What a sweet boy! It is crazy to see pictures of him that little!

grandma to 16 said...

Oh Stacey, Ben will treasure this post! He was the cutest little guy - just want to eat him up!

and now such a handsome teenager~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...