Friday, August 19, 2011

Selective Hearing

{self-portrait}
The girls were getting stir-crazy,
and Pearl has been feeling much better today.
So we decided to go for a ride in the car.
Pearl asked me:
P: "Did you say we were going to Artic Circle?"
Me: "No...?"
P: "I think you did Mom. I heard you say it in my ears, 
and in my head, and in my spirit! and in my body."
Me: {laughing a lot}
P: "You did say it Mom, cause I want to go there really bad."
You know, If there's anything I'm a believer in, 
it's when you hear things in your spirit--
 I think ya gotta just go with it.
So we did.  
We went to Arctic Circle and had a grand ole' time.
There was a six-year-old kid who made all of the other kids 
have a meeting under the tunnel slide, where they raised their hands,
and said their names, and then follow each other 
around the playland and down the slides in single file.
It was one of the strangest / funny things I've seen.
I think he might rule the world one day.
His name is Max.  Keep a lookout for him.




4 comments:

Cathy Bubert said...

Wow! I will be on the lookout for Max - sounds like a natural born leader. Then again . . . Pearl did figure out how to get her Mom to take her to Arctic Circle!

Danelle and Alex said...

Hahahahahahaa!!! I love this post!! Hilarious!!

Jessica Duff said...

Cute Pearl.... I love this story, made me laugh! Too Cute!

grandma to 16 said...

....then Pearl will definately be Vice-President!!!

what a doll!~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...