Monday, August 1, 2011

The 24th of July Parade - Viewed from Above

I don't think anybody could have 
topped our view of the 24th of July parade.

Tyler and Tara invited us over to their new apartment for a 
house warming/parade watching party. 
Their super swanky apartment is wedged between
 old retail buildings on Main Street.
The view from their large balcony was incredible.
And besides--
who else got to eat a burger hot off the grill,
mid-parade-watching?!
 
The parade watchers below.
 
 Strawberry thief.
"Uncle" Tyler even scooped up 
a couple of ice cream cones for the girls.

It was a real treat.

  And speaking of treats...
I took a vanilla cupcake one of Tara's friends had brought. 
I took it before Tyler found out if I could have one or not.
 He said he was pretty sure I could have it.
I told him I'd give it back--
but I'd already tasted that delicious frosting...

He let me keep it.

It was the best cupcake in the world!
There was so many layers of flavor in that little thing.
Vanilla, coconut, almond extract, 
and then another jolt of vanilla!!

Totally worth the humiliation. 

Hooray for the 24th. 
Utah!





2 comments:

grandma to 16 said...

pretty cool apt with a great view!

P&V looked like they were enjoying both parade and ice cream cones!

Cathy Bubert said...

What a view! Sounds like a very fun 24th celebration :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...