Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Summer Night Walk

Tonight we had the perfect summer weather.
Not too hot, not too cool--
it almost felt like walking through a pool of luke warm water.

We took the girls on a walk, just as the sun was setting.

Every street was dotted with people lounging in chairs, 
or the grass of their front lawn-- 
soaking in the perfect evening.
Pearl was the first to point out the fiery sky.
"Look how orange the sky is!"
 It really was incredible.

Violet especially loved when her Daddy 
popped wheelies with the stroller...
or the "baby train" as we call it.
She would squeal and throw her head back
until he did it again.
Pearl wasn't a fan of the wheelies.
She'd shake her head and say 
"No.  I don't like it."
She's definitely followed me over 
into the "overly cautious" side of life.

I think the walk was a little long for Kel,
who prefers a nice short leisurely walk, but he was a good sport--
and I can't wait for another night just like this one.


3 comments:

grandma to 16 said...

oh, I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I was walking down at Hatch park around the track listening to the Bee-Gee's and thinking to myself, I hope someone I love is seeing this absolutely gorgeous sunset!!!

I'm so happy you guys walked in that delightful evening weather as a fam~~Violet & Pearl's smiles say it all!

Cathy Bubert said...

That is my favorite time of day, Summer nights are the BEST!

samnhal said...

Now that we're back in the WB for the next week every time I drive past your parents house I think of you and your adorable little girls.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...