Monday, July 11, 2011

Starting the day off with chocolate

Almost every morning I make myself a smoothie.
It's fast, and easy to carry around and drink
 while I get the girls up and going.
Violet always begs, and smacks her lips until
I hand my cup over to her.

I started making extra so she can have her own--
and not drink half of mine...
I call it a smoothie,
but it's probably more like a shake--
a delightfully healthy shake.

It took me a while to get the ratios how I like it,
but this is how I do it:

Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie:
1 cup skim milk, or almond milk
1 banana
1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
2 TBS Better n' Peanut Butter, or natural peanut butter
1 handful of ice

Combine all in a blender, and blend until smooth.
Pour into a large glass and enjoy!
 It never gets old.



3 comments:

grandma to 16 said...

What a wonnderful and healthy way to start Violet's day!!! (she is so much fun to feed)....she even likes my homemade oatmeal/wheat bread with plenty of apricot jam on it! ~smile~

Cathy Bubert said...

I can see why Violet would steal your smoothie - great idea to make one just for her.

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

So cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...