Monday, July 11, 2011

Backyard BBQ and a Late Night Flick

What is the 4th of July without a barbecue?
Uncle Dave and Aunt Tonya
 live in a cul-de-sac with a 
"my backyard is your backyard"
type of attitude.
The evening of the parade,
 they all put together a nice little 
neighborhood BBQ.

Violet found a mini chair and took it.
She didn't care that she was surrounded by strangers.
Can you spot her?
 We brought her chair next to us so we could keep an eye on her,
and I think it's safe to say she enjoyed herself...
As did everyone else. 

We dropped the girls off at Gram's house
 for a sleepover--
and headed over to the Cinemark
 for a late night showing of
Super 8.
Super 8 in theater 8?
I'm feeling some luck coming on.

Nerd alert?

My Dad got mad at me once for putting my feet
 on the back of the seat in front of me...
but the theater was empty, and it's just so darn comfy.

Sometimes I have a hard time taking Sci-Fi  movies seriously,
but we thought the movie was really good. 


It was nice to wake up Sunday morning and get to church
 without fighting a couple of girls {or just Violet}
 into their dresses and hair-do's...
but man, it was good to have them back.



1 comment:

Cathy Bubert said...

Wow! You really know how to celebrate the 4th! Looks like lots of fun :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...