Thursday, July 7, 2011

4th of July Parade {that happened on the 2nd}

Oh how I love
the 4th of July!
In fact--
it just may be my favorite Holiday.
I love decking my family out in
 red white and blue.
I love our city's quaint little parade that goes
right down my parents street.

I love the hush that falls when the flag passes by.
I love teaching Pearl what it means,
and to love the country we are blessed to live in.
 {still working on which hand goes over your heart...}
I love the many familiar faces we see passing by.
 
I love the sense of patriotism felt by all.

I love being in a place where smiles are easy to come by.

And heros come in small packages.
I love the time spent with family--
even when they are too cool to have their picture taken {Jake}.

 I love this little bug!
and how she thinks it's okay to steal her sister's candy--
as long as she shares...
Well alright Violet,
don't mind if I do...



2 comments:

Cathy Bubert said...

Looks like another great West Bountiful 4th of July! Thanks for a great Post! xoxoxo Nana

grandma to 16 said...

what a great visual journey!!! loved the pic's. I've got to remember not to sleep in next year - that is the parade that all the cutie kids go to!

picture of Pearl and Kelsey holding hands so cute, and of course Violet's holding the heavy bag of candy, she knows what is important!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...