Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Changes

This past week I was released from teaching the
 12 and 13 year old Sunday School class.
I'm headed to the primary to be the new chorister.
Pearl told me she could help teach the kids some songs
 because she's "pretty good at singing."

It's always hard to leave a calling that you love,
and especially the people that you've grown close to.
I had such a fun class--
even when they made fun of me for mixing up words,
and forced me to confiscate their ipods.
Two of the girls in my class--
Marissa and Amy, brought cookies and a card
 over to my house tonight... I love them.
The cookies and the girls.
 I'm really excited for my new calling...
but I'm sure going to miss those little cuties.







3 comments:

Lindsey Hill said...

congrats on the new calling!!! I have been the primary chorister two different times, if you havent heard or been to www.sugardoodle.net you should check it out, it is a life saver!!! It has great ideas for the chorister!!
lindsey hill

grandma to 16 said...

You are going to be awesome as Primary chorister, Stacey!! I can hardly get through some of the songs without tearing up, they are soooooooooo beautiful - and you do have an expert singer in Pearl who will sing her heart out for her mom! ( smile )

Cathy Bubert said...

Stacey, you now have the most important calling in the Church. Those Primary kids will remember the songs they learn the rest of their lives. No pressure :)
P.S. YOU will be AMAZING!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...