Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Closing a Chapter

Gramma passed away last night.
Aunt Camille and Uncle Doug 
were in the room with her when she left for heaven.
They said it happened quickly and peacefully.

Cristy is already in Louisiana.
Johnny, and Shelly, and I are leaving early this morning.

It feels surreal.

I miss her already--
but I'm at peace knowing she is happy,
 and free from her restricting body.

How I wish I could have seen her reaction to the 
welcoming crew that met her there.
This picture was taken the very last time I saw her.
I was 4 months pregnant with Violet.

Before she left, she wished me luck,
 and told me she wanted good things in life for me,
 and to enjoy my baby girl.

I didn't think it would be the last time I saw her,
but I think she did.

There was a full moon last night.
My Dad and I talked on the phone about how
 she would have admired that full moon from her porch.

She would have sat in her rocking chair,
with her saucer and tea cup--
full of sugar laden coffee, no doubt.

She would have talked to the Lord like she did.
"Oh look at that beautiful moon--
thank you for sending it to me God."

I was thinking about that moon.
It reminds me of her.
It's like she was the powerful moon,
pulling on the tides--
which is everyone who knew her.
She drew you right in.

We kind of centered our little world around her.

She came into this world as an orphan,
and created a strong family who have always
fought tooth and nail for her,
and each other.

It feels strange to close the chapter of my life 
that was constantly being filled with
 newly created memories of her.

There is enough love and memories in that chapter 
to reference back to for the rest of my life.
I will think of her always...

Especially when I see that big round moon.


7 comments:

grandma to 16 said...

You have such beautiful memories of her, Stacey~She's going to be a special guardian angel over you and your family I'm sure.

I'm so glad Kelly got to know her ~ he said she was so much fun to be around!

Love and prayers are with you and your dear family during this
"separation" from her for a while.

CC said...

(((hugs))) and love to all of you. My prayers are with you.

Love
Carol

the Horton Hurricane said...

I think your Grandma is darling Stacey love to all your family!

Cathy Bubert said...

Thank you Stacey for saying so beautifully what so many of us feel about Grandma Camille!

Camille and Paul said...

Beautiful post Stacey.

Cameron and Rachel Bott said...

So sorry Stacey! I love you, hope you are comforted during this time!

Elasta-Girl said...

That was beautifully written. I didn't meet Gramma but you had me in tears. We are thinking of you. Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...