Wednesday, March 2, 2011

1982 Datsun

You know those people who could sell snow to an eskimo?
My brother Johnny is one of them.
He's been a wheeler and dealer since the 2nd grade,
when he'd come home from school with a backpack full of cash.
He'd been fluffing up the price of his pokemon cards,
and selling them to his classmates.

Last night Johnny decided to sell his fuel chugging truck.
He uploaded an ad to ksl.com--
 and 45 seconds later he had a buyer.

Today I answered a phone call from Johnny...
"Come outside and see my new car."

So I did...
and there sat the 1982 baby blue Datsun.
 This car is in mint condition,
and with only 50,000 miles on it--
it has a lot of roads yet to travel.

See what I mean?
Who finds a 1982 car with 50,000 miles on it?
Johnny-roo, 
that's who.
Johnny's accomplice and friend:
Zack Gray. 

This baby is blue through and through.
Every square inch of it.

I snapped the last picture,
and they were off to the DMV.

And then I had to snap one more.
After all, the bum on this car is my favorite part.

Happy trails!

5 comments:

grandma to 16 said...

awesome car ~ awesome deal Johnny!!! but where are your curls! I just love your curls~ (smile)

Cathy Bubert said...

Looking good! Both the car and Johnny!

Kent said...

What a sweet ride! You weren't kidding about the blue. Even the air freshener hanging from the rearview mirror is blue. Very nice!

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

Happy Trail is right!

Cristyannie said...

I can't wait to go for a ride in this car! Johnny always knows how to find a great deal!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...