Monday, January 31, 2011

Cookies saved my resolution.

Well they did it!
Scott and Cristy tied the knot this weekend,
and it was a beautiful day.

Lots more to come on that--
but first...
I need to talk about almost failing at one of my 
New Years resolutions in the first month of the year.

I said almost failing.

I have resolved to get my visiting teaching done 
every single month this year.
Which is why I found myself in a slight panic yesterday evening,
with it being the second to last day of the month,
and no visits made.

I rounded up my nearest cookie-making helper--
{who is proud to be 3}
and we went to work making
 the best chocolate chip cookies
 you've ever sunken your teeth into.
Yum! 

Here's a close up.
A nice warm cookie from me to you.
You're welcome.

The cookies were divided up.
and the deliveries were made.
I love visiting teaching.
I really do.

Do you, or someone you know need
 the best chocolate chip cookies you've ever sunken your teeth into?

Well you're in luck:

Uncle Aurthur's Chocolate Chip Cookies
{Uncle Arthur is not my uncle-- but I wish he was}

1 cup sugar
1 cup shortening
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp (and a dash more) baking soda
1 tsp (and a little more) vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips

Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

the Horton Hurricane said...

yummy thanks Pearl and Stacey

Cathy Bubert said...

Wow! Those look great! Good job Stacey and Pearl!

grandma to 16 said...

what a cute assistant chef!!! The cookies look amazing.......I can almost taste them from the pic's!

Cristy & Scott look so happy~what a great day! I prayed that morning that the fog would lift for some beautiful pictures at the temple for them~

The Seamans said...

Those look delightful! Who knew that both Pearl and Jace love to make cookies? Must be a kid thing....lets get together and make them! Those I have to try....

Jessica Duff said...

Congrats to Scott & Cristy, they are SO cute together! Good job on your visiting teaching, we made cookies yesterday too because Mason hadn't done his hometeaching yet. I love the cute little dress that Pearl is wearing...adorable!

C Carroll said...

I am totally voting to change VT routes to put me on YOURS!

The cookie photos are killing me!

Jennifer George said...

I would love a dozen if I may and you can even count me as visited!!!!! So what if I am not in your ward... who needs to know!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...