Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas Eve

 We came home from the Aquarium,
and got to work on the food.
We had two of the missionaries over to eat dinner with us. 
We learned that Elder Moss's Mom makes a roast every Christmas.

Dinner was pleasantly interrupted with the sound of singing.
A big group of missionaries were singing silent night in Spanish.

They came in for a minute,
and we were able to meet all of them.
It was cute to see how proud my parents are of their missionaries.

We finished up dinner,
and Sam played Christmas hymns on the piano.

The doorbell rang,
and this beautiful angel was sitting on the porch.
Someone had been doing the 
12 days of Christmas for my family,
and she was the last gift.
Pearl told me we should take her home to show her to 
the little angel that Gram gave her.

she watched me take the picture of her, 
then said "Mama, take a picture of Jesus."
So I did.

Then she said "Mom, take a picture of them."
Pointing to the Nativity set.
I snapped the picture,
then heard:
"Mom take a picture of my dollies."
She had them all lined up by herself.

After the photo shoot,
it was time for Christmas pajamas.
The most wonderful time of the year!

Pearl hand-delivered every package.

My comfy, cozy little family.


Look at this little stinker.

The very talented Uncle Scott played a couple of songs for us.
Pearl took the front row seat.

Then she colored for the rest of the night.
While Violet put things in her mouth, and cruised around.

Shelly recited the entire passage of
 The Living Christ from memory.
It was beautiful.
It felt like Christmas.
The spirit in the room was so warm.

Violet started to fuss.
Kelly picked her up and bounced her behind the couch.
She quieted down too quickly.
I turned around to see if she had fallen asleep,
and this is what I saw.
She knows him!

Dad read the Christmas story,
and we sang hymns throughout.
I couldn't imagine how Christmas could feel the same in 
Sunny, palm-treed California,
but it did.  It was wonderful.  

My parents are amazing.
I should have known that Christmas spirit would have 
followed them wherever they went.

5 comments:

Cathy Bubert said...

BEAUTIFUL! You are such a treasure Stacey. Thank you for preserving these wonderful memories!

the Horton Hurricane said...

teary eyed! I love you Stacey and I love your family how special of a memory. Family truly is the most important!

UtahJenny said...

This is the sweetest thing ever ... you're parents are awesome!!!

Cameron and Rachel Bott said...

Sounds wonderful. I'm glad you had such a wonderful Christmas.

grandma to 16 said...

I started crying when I saw that picture of Violet looking at the Savior's picture - true christmas spirit!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...