Monday, December 20, 2010

First of many.

Pearl came home from church with this 
darling homemade ornament.
I wasn't expecting it at all,
and I felt thrilled, and a bit emotional 
to get such a thoughtful gift.
I love her nursery leaders for making them.


I remember gluing my picture in the ring of a mason jar lid--
I can't believe I am now collecting ornaments from my own children!


I love everything about it--
from her fingerprints smudging the plastic window,
to her forced smile,
and the fact that mister moose only made it home with one eye.


Best gift ever.
Can't wait to fill my tree with more.

2 comments:

Cathy Bubert said...

So cute! That is a treasure!

grandma to 16 said...

She was so proud when she showed it off! Priceless aren't they?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...