Thursday, December 9, 2010

7 months

Gums.
I love those gums.
And those big brown eyes--
They're like mini fondue pots, 
good enough for a chocolaty dip.

At 7 months of age,
Violet makes her way around the house crawling backwards.
Her technique works out pretty well,
until she backs herself into a corner.
 Then she cries, and rocks back and forth until help comes.
She just can't get herself to plop one hand down in front of the other, and move forward.
It's funny to watch her work her way around the system.
Like how when driving, my Mom will take 7 right turns to avoid making one left.
Maybe that's where she gets it...

Did you know that Violet can talk?
Well, She can, and her first word was Mama--
so I obviously think that is really great.
It was closely followed by Dada, 
which is another one of those heart-melter's.
I love hearing her say Mama ma ma ma, 
when she wakes up in the morning.
Then I come in her room and she squirms around smiling,
 and kicks her little legs until she gets picked up.



She's getting better at playing by herself,
as long as they're music playing.
I don't know what it is--
but if I set her down with her basket of toys while listening to
she tips that basket over, digs through the toys, 
and out-sings them with one long-winded monotone note.
No music-- no playing.
Only crying and anger.
It's the darnedest thing.
She does loves tearing things up though--
with or without music.
Books, magazines, newspaper...
You name it, she'll shred it.
Fast too.  She knows she'll be stopped.

Another thing about Violet...
She sleeps like this:
When I first saw her doing this, I would panic!
"She's supposed to sleep on her back."
I would say.
  Then I'd flip her over, which would wake her up.
So I'd get her back to sleep,
 only to have her roll back onto her face.
So now I say lots of prayers, 
and leave her be.

1 comment:

grandma to 16 said...

Violet's sleeping "bum in the air" could win a photo-prize!!!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...