Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

The moon.  
Let's talk about the moon.  
 a.k.a.  Kelly.
He didn't quite feel like dressing up this year.  
In fact, he said to me as he was wearing a black t-shirt:
"If you can make a costume out of this t-shirt, I'll wear it."
So some fabric paint, and felt letters later--
Kel became the moon.
He was pleased as punch about it, 
and now wants to be the moon every year.
I had everything for my costume in my closet. 
Except for the hat, which I bought at Michael's, and wrapped in Tulle. 
I think I spent $20 total on our costumes this year.
 I wanted Violet to be comfy on her first Halloween, 
so I sewed cat ears onto a hooded sweatsuit.
They look more like bunny ears, but what are ya gonna do?
Pearl wanted to be a witch until she saw that Violet was going to be a cat,
and well, then she just had to be one too.
Cutest cats ever.
Unless your kids were cats.  If they were, I'm sure they were the cutest too :)

Pearl was SO excited to be a cat.
She wore her costume for 3 days straight,
and worked on her meow with cousin Bria.
She was obsessed with her tail, and so was I.
 The weather set the stage perfectly for Halloween night.
There was that strange electrifying feeling in the air from the gray clouds overhead.

We started the night off at Aunt Tonya and Uncle Dave's annual Halloweenie party.
They block of their cul-de-sac and the whole neighborhood shows up.
Pearl went down the slide twice, then told me:
"I don't like it Mom, it scares me every time.  Every time Mom."
She did however like the doughnut.


Hey Nana, look who it is...
The sky opened up into a downpour of rain.
Everyone grabbed the tables and grill in one fell swoop,
and the party moved into the garage.
 It was awesome...
until the grill set off the really loud smoke detector.
I'm not sure if they ever got it turned off or not--
we had to be on our way.

Our next stop was Amy's house,
where we warmed up with hot Chili and cornbread.
You should have seen the bowl of whipped honey butter.
Holy yum.
I wanted to eat it with a spoon.
Grandma Jewkes looked awesome.
She "wasn't sure if the knee high would fit as hat or not-- but it did."


 I thought Violet might be scared of all of the costumes,
and painted faces, but she wasn't at all.
She kept laughing at my witch hat, and then she decided she had to have Kate's.

We watched Peter Pan defeat Captain Hook, with one hand on her hip.
Maegan had watched the movie a few times to get into character.
 Austin tried his hand at playing Captain Hook, but was defeated just as quickly.

Halloween lineup for 2010:

Then it was time!
Uncle Austin explained to the kids that they were on a "candy seeking mission."
They braved the wind and rain and set out to complete the task.
 Pearl seemed so grown up to me following her older,
and oh so cool cousins, from house to house.
She turned to Emma and said "It's kinda wet out here huh?" Then she giggled.
Candy seeking mission accomplished.

Then it was back to our nice warm house.
The girls crashed like rocks,
and "the moon" and I watched Teen Wolf.

It was a cold, and wet, and Happy Halloween.

13 comments:

Kim said...

Holy Smokes! You sure had a busy Halloween and it looks like it was so much fun.

You and your two black cats are adorable and The Moon...that's just awesome.

Jessica Duff said...

You all look super cute, and I especially love Kelly's costume. Now that's a costume Mason could appreciate.

Mike and Brit Harris said...

looks like so much fun! you guys look great!

the Horton Hurricane said...

love it!!

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

The last pictures is so stinking cute, but I do love the costumes! Even Kelly lol maybe I will be the moon next year!

grandma to 16 said...

It was so much fun!!! I loved the cornbread and honey!!! great recipe, Cherlyn!!! I think I will double it next year!

The kids didn't seem to mind getting wet at all.......Violet loved all the funny looking people and Pearl is really getting into Halloween now after 3 years!
(smile)

Stan & Isabelle said...

i agree 'the cutest cats ever' and you are quite a cute witch ... great costumes!!

Julie W said...

Stacey! You have a charmed life, beautiful babies and fun hubby. Loved the picture story!

And, Lizzy, Doyle, Logan, and Andy said...

you guys are ssssoooooo cute!

cathy bubert said...

Stacey!!!!!!! I LOVE this post!!!!! What amazing photos,. Pearl and Violet are adorable (you and Kelly too)!

cathy bubert said...

P.S. Johnnie you look great too!

corryfever said...

I want a jewkes box Halloween! The last pic melts my heart.......I love your hat Stace!

brooke said...

That was such a FUN night!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...