Friday, October 1, 2010

The only chain I haven't broken

I've always been terrible at chain letters.
I'm always the one to break the chain "that's been going for 20 years,"
and then I have life-long guilt about it.

That was until Kelly came home with a ziploc bag of 
Amish Friendship bread starter mix.
The gals at his work have all been passing it around.

After 10 days of mashing the bag,
yesterday was the big baking day--
Which I forgot about until we were going to bed.

I went out to the kitchen and realized we had only one egg.
Kelly texted Cristy and Scott to pick some up on the way home.

So I got to work.
 Cristy and Scott showed up with the eggs 
just in time for me to realize we were out of oil...
Scott said they would go back to the store because they were really tired,
and they love going to the store when they're really tired, because everything's funny--
or something like that.

Cristy changed into her I ♥ Hanson t-shirt.
{she was just getting back from their concert} 
Then back to the store they went.
Life-savers I tell ya.
 After the bread was in the oven,
I was tired, and went to bed.
Cristy took the bread out of the oven an hour later.

It was nice to wake up to this.
Can you smells the cinnamon?
Yum.

delightfully dense.
 Fantastically cinnamon and sugary.
I think it will make the perfect conference snack.

Happy October! 

9 comments:

Cristyannie said...

That bread was SO good! We'll go to Walmart anytime of the day/night for you if you're going to make something so delicious!

cathy bubert said...

Looks yummy! Hope you enjoy your delicious bread and have a wonderful conference weekend!

Danelle and Alex said...

Friendship bread is the BEST!! Cristy is hilarious! I can totally see her thinking the grocery store is funny when you are tired. ha!

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

Jealous! Love it.

sheila said...

fantastic pictures! I hear offers from "gormet magazines"!

I can hardly wait till its time to bake my start~

Elasta-Girl said...

That looks delicious!

Cameron and Rachel Bott said...

Oh I am so excited for my Amish Friendship bread. Mabel and I have been mashing that bag. Only a few more days!

Kyle and Katie said...

yum!!! that bread is delicious!!!

Dave and Kristen Geurts said...

mmmm yummy, that looks so good right now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...