Monday, June 28, 2010

A not so typical, typical Sunday.

The scene below is a pretty typical Sunday spent at my parents house.

We have a nice dinner, then everyone plops their body down,
and we just relax and talk, and enjoy each other's company.
Then Max usually jumps on someone's lap and tries to lick their mouth,
and that person always freaks out.
You can bet your bottom dollar that will be
 followed with my Dad's famous line:
"he is a french poodle."
Then he laughs at himself.
{it is a clever joke dad.}
Well that all happened this past Sunday, just as I thought it would.
but this Sunday wasn't quite the same.
My parents will be leaving on Wednesday morning, to serve as 
Ben and Mari are going with them.

We didn't really talk about that too much.
Instead we just carried on.
Pearl and Nana drew pictures together, like they always do.


Papa would grab Pearl and pull her in as she walked past.
Just as he always has.
Pearl got some good laughs out of everyone,
 and Violet was just happy to be held.
 There was a different feeling in the air, 
knowing this would be our last Sunday together for the next three years.
Of course we're sad, but more than that, we're excited. 
My parents are going to be incredible.
And before you know it,
we'll all be eating, and lounging, and enjoying one another's company.
Just like we've always done.

4 comments:

grandma to 16 said...

That is why family time is best!!
Wonderful memories. I'm sure the next three years in Long Beach their Sundays will be very busy, but in a great way! My daddy always did the floor thing just like yours when I was growing up, sometimes getting the "snore" going as well!

Violet looks so comfy with Nana!

Danelle and Alex said...

You almost made me cry! Your family is so amazing! Even I will miss your parents. But you are right, the really will be incredible! What a bunch of lucky young missionaries!

Cristyannie said...

What a great post. I wish I could of been there. I will miss our Sunday's together but I think you're right we'll be doing it before we know it!

cathy bubert said...

Thank you for documenting our everyday lives and keeping our precious memories alive. You are amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...