Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Long Weekend

I think every weekend should be a long one.
Don't you?
We sure had a good one.

We took Violet on her first outing--
dinner at Pace's with Colton and Tara.
They brought the cutest ruffle bum sleeper for Violet.
I wish I had taken a picture of Them.
Tara is the cutest pregnant lady you've ever seen.

Saturday night was meant to be a night for us to take Pearl on a date,
while Violet stayed with Grandma.
What happened instead was Pearl
didn't want to leave Grandma's house once we got there.
Should've seen that one coming.

Sunday we had dinner with my family,
and Violet hurdled over the 3 week mark.


We were all so proud.

Memorial Day was spent stuffing ourselves with Jimmy John's subs.
Avocado spread-- so good.


Then we took in
"Shrek Forever After."
Another first for Violet.
She slept through the whole thing.
We thought it was great.

Although I do wonder--
Is anyone else growing tired of every single movie being in 3D?
I know I am.
I can definitely appreciate Rumpelstiltskin
coming inches away from my face,
but I think those glasses give me motion sickness.
Maybe I'm just not "hip" enough,
but really...

Hip or not, I'm sad the weekend's over.

5 comments:

the Horton Hurricane said...

no I completely agree with the 3D it gives me a headache and I have to feel around for my diet coke and my candy I dont like it. Looks like you all had a great weekend. I wish we got to do more with you guys we love those girls. I'll see you later tonight. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEARL

grandma to 16 said...

Put me down for a definate "NO MORE 3D" also. I prefer the big flat screen ~ that is my movie preference!!

Violet's hair looks so light! gosh, I see my son more and more~~

Happy BIRTHDAY PEARL - it's your day!!! how did three years go by so fast!

cathy bubert said...

What a great Holiday weekend!

Rachel Bott said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Don't you love when the hubs get to be home longer than five minutes? I'm glad you guys had a fun weekend!

Violet's hair is soooo long. What a doll! I want to hold her again, let's get together soon.

Kent said...

I vote no more 3D. I almost NEVER go to the 3D when the 2D is available. That is not only because I am cheap, but also because I think it makes the movie terrible. 3D was meant to be an occasion thing for fun, not an annoying suffix on the end of every movie title. I promise to take my Valium, it is just nice to know I am not alone in the world.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...