Thursday, February 11, 2010

Big girl bed

Pearl got a big girl bed.
We worried about how we could convince her
to sleep on this new bed.

Then we found her like this the very night we brought it home.

Passed out on the sheet-less plastic mattress.

We found the bed on ksl.com.
It was once one of two matching beds that belonged to 5 year old twin girls.
They were turning 6 the next day, and were getting new beds for their birthday.
My Mom and Pearl and I drove out to Eagle Mountain to pick it up.
When we saw the two matching beds next to each other,
Nana had to resist the urge to buy them both.
They were so cute together-- end to end against one long wall.
We did however take the bedding.
She pulled it hot out of the dryer and handed it to us.
How could we say no to that?

We had 3 bad nights where Pearl figured out she could climb out of her bed,
and walk into our room insisting that she
"didn't want to go nigh-night."
Now that we've gotten passed that,
she loves going to sleep in her very own bed--
where she keeps her favorite books tucked safely underneath.
It still feels strange not getting her out of her crib when she wakes up--
Although I love hearing her doorknob turning in the morning.
I always run to see her door s l o w l y open,
and watch her stumble down the hall to me with sleepy eyes.

11 comments:

cathy bubert said...

Pearl you are such a big girl!
I love you! Nana

Cody said...

Part-cric, part-bed. I love it!!!

Cody said...

And by cric, I definitely meant crib.

And, Lizzy, Doyle, Logan, and Andy said...

Pearl is so stinkin cute!

Jessica Duff said...

Pearl is such an adorable big girl!!!

Kim said...

She is just darling and I love the picture she drew of you. I think it's frame worthy. Miss you!

grandma to 15 said...

Pearl looks so cute in that bed. good shopping~~~it's adoreable-she and dolly look very comfy!

the Horton Hurricane said...

so sweet

Cristyannie said...

I love that first picture! What a big girl! XOXO

em said...

She is so cute! She looks like she is full of (lovely) personality, like her mommy. I wish we lived closer so we could all hang out. -Congrats to your parents. That is awesome!

Camille and Paul said...

It looks like she took to the bed beautifully! What a relief for you I am sure! I would love to get together for a play date, please call! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...