Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ringing in 2010

Did you ever ring in the new year
while wearing a robe?
I did.
and I liked it.
You see, our little Pearl has been
sick with a fever and a very sore throat.
The Dr. deemed it as a "virus,"
and said she should be feeling better in
one to two weeks.

One to two weeks?
Have you ever hoped to hear the words
"strep throat" with "antibiotic" following close behind?
Me too.
Poor darling.

The three of us had to cancel our plans for the night,
and celebrate from home.

The ingredients for a successful at home New Years Eve?

Chinese takeout
Bubbly for all
and a new year's kiss.

6 comments:

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

YOu serisously always have the cutest pictures!

the Horton Hurricane said...

You awake there Kelly? Cheers to the New Year the year of Violet

The Bauers said...

CAn I saw that your blog is one of my favorites to read- your pics are always so great. Glad you made the most of your new years!!! I had to work that night so yours was for sure better than ours!!! Happy NEw Year

grandma to 15 said...

Pearl is the only one who seems to have found her "second wind"!

Happy 2010

Cristyannie said...

This seems like the perfect New Years
Eve to me!

Natalie Carver said...

Oh I am so so sorry to hear about Pearl! I am the same way, I am a little dissapointed when the dr. tells me it is a virus and wait it out for up to 2 weeks.....aahh! I secretly say to myself it isnt an ear infection or strep! I want the meds to make her feel better asap! Glad you had a happy new year! You rocked the robe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...