Sunday, November 29, 2009

Guest of honor

It was so great to have nearly all
of my Dad's family here over Thanksgiving.
Here we are, with the guest of honor.
Grandma Camille.
She is always dressed to impress.
Red lips and all.
We were so glad she made the trip all the way from Louisiana.
{although she kept reminding us how she would never do it again}
Nonetheless, she is always the life of the party,
and it wouldn't have been the same without her here.
She thinks Kelly is a cutie,
and she loves to wrap his arms around her waist,
and then she tells me
"Don't be jealous Stacey."
In her southern accent.

My Dad is always pestering his Mother.
{who by the way, is so cool in her zebra print pajamas}
I still remember years ago,
when he scooped her out of her lawn chair,
and dropped her onto the slip in slide in our front yard.
She tried to fight it at first,
and then she just laughed the whole way down the hill.

Yesterday when she flew back home,
the whole family gathered around her in the kitchen.
She was going around the huddle hugging everyone.
We all watched her and soaked it in.
There was so much love in that room.

I will never ever forget that.

3 comments:

Cristyannie said...

Gramma is so much fun! I still can't believe that she really came!

Jessica Duff said...

It's so neat that you guys could all be together. Your Grandma is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm newbie in Internet, can you give me some useful links? I know only about Yahoo [url=http://yahoo.com]Yahoo[/url] http://yahoo.com Yahoo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...