Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Gettin' ready

Our night was spent at my Uncle Doug's house
visiting with my Dad's family.
We have family here from Louisiana, Nevada, and Arizona.

I love my family.

We had a great time looking through old family photos.
My Grandma sure was a knockout.

Aunts, uncles, and cousins bustled around the kitchen
getting ready for tomorrow.
Pies,
pies,
and more pies.
Can I even tell you how good that kitchen smelled?
Luckily Aunt Peggy made an extra apple pie for us to dig into tonight.
It was
delicious.

I just finished making my pumpkin spice butter,
now I have to wait for it to cool.
I had to sneak into my parents house after midnight to get some ingredients.
{What a rush.}

It is very very late.
Why oh why do I always procrastinate?

Well, I'm off to dreamland,
where I'm sure some of tomorrow's delights will make an appearance.

Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Cristyannie said...

Aunt Peggy's pies really are the best!

grandma to 15 said...

I'm so glad you'all got to have your grandma from New Orleans visit this year!!

RoseAnna said...

Pearl is so cute and getting so big!

Roberta said...

I love reading your blogs. You have such funny commentary... I fondly remember from Ecuador this humor you have. Pearl is a doll. Looks like she has quite the personality.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...