Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween is on.

Pumpkins were carved while listening to
the Raven
by Edgar Allan Poe.

Pearl gave my pumpkin one scoop and called it good.
She didn't enjoy the carving too much either.
She resorted to coloring her pumpkin instead.

I think it turned out pretty darn cute.

Then there was Kelly's pumpkin.
Something you should know about Kelly--
As a young boy he used to dream of having
reams of paper
to draw on.
Always the creative mind.
So no surprise when he pulled out the power tools.

Now my pumpkin,
I thought was fancy when I put stitches on his face.
I named him Slash.
Kelly's of course would be the one that looks like a Picasso,
as noted by my Mother.
Halloween,
we are ready for you.
Pearl has been dancing to the
Monster Mash all day.
Now we're off to watch
Hocus Pocus
while I make some last minute touches on
Pearl's costume.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!


9 comments:

the Horton Hurricane said...

Cory is very impressed with Kelly's Pumpkin Cory did not carve one this year but he has used the same tools before, great minds think alike I guess! I like your white one, and Pearl great job. I hope to see you guys tonight we will be at Amy's until 6:30 then we are off to Herriman

Bunk & Dizz & Moe said...

great job on the pumpkins!!

grandma to 15 said...

great carving!!! I like Pearl's concentration as she draws her jack-o-lantern face on the pumpkin!!

Tia Langston said...

Picasso is exactly what I was thinking. Looks like a fun Halloween!

The Bauers said...

i am super impressed with the pumpkins!!! Pearl is so cute!! oh I also love how you listned to the Raven, so great

Brandon and Lindsay said...

Hey! Thanks for your comment! How are you guys? We haven't seen you in sooo long. Hope everything's going great! Pearl is getting so big and just adorable. Your pumpkins are awesome- Kelly's is CRAZY but so COOL! Happy late Halloween!

Rachel Bott said...

Yea Cam always out carves me. What is the deal? Hope you three had a very spooky Halloween, lets get together soon!

Lori said...

Impressive....of course, Pearl's is my favorite.

Cristyannie said...

I was so happy to see so many posts to catch up on today! I loved seeing pictures of Pearl! I can't wait to give her a hug when I get home. Love you guys! We are having such an amazing time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...