Tuesday, August 4, 2009

a scenario

image found here
Have you ever gone to the Home Depot to pick up a quart of paint,
and then while you're waiting for your order to be filled,
your daughter has a coughing fit,
and throws up all over the floor of the lighting aisle,
and so you take her shirt off to catch as much as you can,
and then you wipe her up,
and then wipe the floor up a little,
and then she throws up again, and again and again,
and sadness fills her eyes as she says "i frow up, i frow up."
and so you make a quick exit, and the first worker you see looks mean,
so you find another one who is smiling,
and you tell him what happened,
and he looks at your shirt and pants, and purse that are covered in "frow up,"
and he really just doesn't want to look at you anymore,
so he says "Oh no problem, we'll take care of it." (and please just get the heck out of here.)
and so you leave,
and you wipe down your baby down,
and put her in her carseat,
and start driving away,
and baby keeps saying "i frow up, i frow up."
and it hurts your heart,
but your shirt stinks,
and then you remember your paint,
so you call Home Depot,
and you tell the lady what happened,
and she puts your paint at the service desk,
where you'll pick it up tomorrow,
then you get your baby washed and put to bed,
and then you say to yourself

"did that really just happen?"
cause it did.

14 comments:

Cristyannie said...

Pearl, I'm glad you are feeling better.
Stacey, You are such a good mom. You are great at telling stories.

Cody said...

That is so sad. I am sorry you had to go through this. I agree with Cristy, you have a great way of telling the story.

Marianne said...

So sad!! Poor Pearl :( hope she's feeling better.

Danelle and Alex said...

Sad! That poor girl has sure had a lot of illness lately hasn't she?!

Ty and Dani said...

So sad! Isn't it funny how you have to forget about all your personal boundaries as a mom.

Jessica Duff said...

Poor little Pearl has been sick a lot lately.

That sounds like quite a Home Depot adventure. I bet you'll always remember that one. My Dad always says "it's gotta be painful to make a memory."

Jessie and Garan said...

Poor Pearl! You are such a good mom Stacey. Hopefully she will feel better soon. I loved the way you wrote the story... although it is a sad story.

ashlan said...

I hope that poor baby gets feeling better. I love your stories mine are never that exciting to read, but I was really sucked in reading about vomit. That takes a serious talent. I do have to admit I have had that happen only at a different store. It seems the employees that were helping you were alot nicer than the ones that I delt with in my situation.

ashlan said...

I forgot we are all worried about pearl, what are you painting. I can't wait to see it.

the Horton Hurricane said...

and it wont be the last time!

katelyn said...

hey kelly this is brandon are you going to any of the BYU football games this year?

Mike and Brit Harris said...

Oh wow- poor sweet little thing. Not so much fun for mom either. Hope she and you are doing much better!

Tara Trythall said...

I'm so sorry. I feel your pain! The worst part is seeing how sad it makes them when they do that. The highlight for me was when Sarah threw up all over me at church (while I was feeding Ashley) because she was scared of Nursery. I have a video of her talking about that traumatic experience. I love the way you tell a story so that every detail can be pictured. I hope Pearl feels better soon!

Rachel Bott said...

Oh Stacey, what a story! Sorry that had to happen, i would very nearly just die on the floor from embarrassment. I hope Pearl is feeling well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...