Friday, July 10, 2009

Summer Pastime

Today I heard the familiar sound of the ice cream man.
He was making his way up and down our street.
It's a sound that I have tuned out long ago.

Today I listened to it.
I thought about how exciting it would be for Pearl.
Ice cream delivered right to your front door?
Get out of here!
How fun is that?

I grabbed a couple of dollars and waved him down.
Pearl's smile stretched from ear to ear.

In the end, we came away with a creepy looking Tweety pop,
and a very happy girl.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Oh the good 'ol days.....

cathy bubert said...

Yum! Pearl you are sooooo cute and your Mom is amazing! Love, Nana

Ty and Dani said...

I love popsicles!

the Horton Hurricane said...

Cory said the other day "the ice cream man song has never changed, it's just got a little peppier"

lil hurst fam said...

we got the same tweety pop. way creepy. the second time we got a creepy sonic the hedgehog pop that turned everything blue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...