Friday, July 3, 2009

a Morning Spent with Ben and Mari.

Summer is here! It's a very exciting time in the life of many.
For two people though, it can take a toll.
Two people very near and dear to me.
My youngest sibs Ben and Mari.

They have very thick, Jet black hair that would make you green with envy.
The beauty of it all comes with a price.
Really hot heads.

Pearl and I picked them up at their house, and brought them back to ours,
where we could begin the transformation.
When Mari woke up this morning, her hair was long.
Now it is not.
Instead, it is a chic little summer 'do that will bare the heat much easier.
We chopped off nearly 10 inches, so she can donate those gorgeous locks.



Now, Ben's hair was by no means long, but too long to manage if, say he went to
Lagoon-A-Beach, and his hair gets wet,
he doesn't have time to deal with moppy hair.

So we cropped it nice and short.



All of this haircutting business made Ben hungry,
so we rocked out to Regina Spektor, as we drove to A&W.
Ben had the Papa Burger, and Pearl requested some root beer ice cream.
Which she would later drip all over her clothes.
Which are actually really her pajamas, but nobody needs to know that.


So you see, on a sunny Friday afternoon,
it's fun to have a brother like Ben, and a sister like Mari.

6 comments:

the Horton Hurricane said...

you are so lucky to have them what a handsome "little couple" that's what Grandma Jewkes aka Lorna used to call me and Troy...the handsome couple.

Mari I love the haircut.

Cristyannie said...

Those pictures are so great! I love the last one of just Mari and Ben. It is such a good picture of both of them! Mari's hair is so adorable, Stacey you are amazing!

Danelle and Alex said...

Your siblings are the best. I can't believe how grown up they are. I love reading your blog! Its one of my favorites!

ashlan said...

Who are those imposters. Aren't they still 3 years old. I can't believe how big they are they are real people... I love the new summer cuts, performed by the ever so talented.

grandma to 15 said...

they look fabulous!!! great makeover stacey~~

Jessica Duff said...

How can they be so grown up? They look so different from the last time I saw them, especially Ben! They are super cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...