Tuesday, June 2, 2009

i blinked, and you were 2.

Photobucket

   Where did the time go? 

Do you remember when you used to look like this?


I remember.  

It feels like yesterday.
Or last week, at the very most.

Oh my gosh, I couldn't get enough of you.  I would just hold you and stare at you all day long.  You with those oh so kissable cheeks, and rosebud lips.  You would stretch your little arms high above your head and your mouth would pull itself into an impressive yawn.  We decided that you yawn just like aunt Shelly.  I would sing you every little song I knew.  More and more songs came back to me as the days went on.  Your Dad and I would sometimes look at each other and laugh, to think that we really had our own baby.  They let us take you home with us for good.  

I still can't get enough of you.  And try as I may, you won't let me hold you and stare at you all day long anymore.  I get it, you've got things to do, people to see, and I'm not going to get in the way of that.  



You've become quite inquisitive.  Always asking: 
"is it good?" 
"is it nummy?"
"you like it?"
"you want more?"
"is it pitty?"
"too hot?"

You love to sing.  
You can have a song mostly memorized after hearing it only a couple of times.

Some of your favorites:

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
I see the moon
Golden Slumbers
ABC's
Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree
I am a Child of God
Giddy-up, we're homeward bound.
Little old man by the window stood.

You love chapstick.
You always pretend like you are just daintily putting it on. 
 Next thing I know, you've eaten it, or given it to the dogs, who eat it.
Somehow you always find my hidden stache.
 
You are very cautious.
You really think about everything before doing it, and if it seems at all threatening, 
you won't go through with it.
At your 2 year checkup, the Dr. said you should be able to jump by now.
We just laughed because you totally can't. 
We didn't laugh because you can't jump ( come on, what kind of parents do you think we are?) 
We laughed because we know jumping seems a little too dangerous to you.

You love having your fingernails painted.
You ask to have them painted at least once a day.  Everyone always obliges.
You always come home from Nana's or Grandma's with a new color.

You love talking on the phone.
Sometimes when I'm on the phone, you repeat everything I say as I'm talking, 
which always make me laugh.

You have impeccable manners.
Already using words like: 
please, thank you, you're welcome, excuse me, and sorry.

You are a talker!
You can say just about any word you feel like saying.
If we don't answer the first time you say Dad or Mom, you instead ask for 
Kelly or Stacey.

You love to dance.
You have your own unique dance, which Grandma calls the 
"goose step dance."
In this dance, your feet try to move forward, or side to side 
but they mostly go up and down, so you don't get very far.


You love bugs, mostly ladybugs.
You were devastated the other day when I squashed a spider.  You cried harder than I've ever seen.  Dad had to scoop it up and pretend it was alive, and let it "fly" off the back deck.  
You felt a little better after that.

You are definitely one of a kind, and I'm so lucky to be your mom.
I love you my little 2 year old, and can't wait to see what this year will bring.


Now let's 

Celebrate!

21 comments:

sheila said...

Stacey, your comments bring me back to being a mom to my first little girl. I loved being a mom, always loved that part of my life sooooo much!!! You are so precious with Pearl, she is lucky to have you loving and taking care of her every day!! I hope her birthday is just "pee-in-your-pants" fun all day!!!

the Horton Hurricane said...

this is precious! they really do grow up so fast, but your enjoying every day I can see. Happy Birthday Pearl.

Kent said...

Holy Cow! Pearl is already 2? I am wondering where the time went. She is such a cute little girl. Happy Birthday Pearl.

Cristyannie said...

I feel speechless, this post was so beautiful! Happy Birthday Pearl! I love you!

Danelle and Alex said...

I can't believe she is two already!! What a sweet post thought. You are a great mom. Pearl will love reading these posts about here when she gets older.

Marianne said...

Happy Birthday Pearl!!

I can't believe she is 2!! Stacey you are an incredible mommy. Pearl is so lucky to have you :)

And, Lizzy, Doyle, Logan, and Andy said...

Happy birthday Pearl!!!

cathy bubert said...

You are such a beautiful girl Pearl!
Happy, Happy Birthday!
Love, Nana
P.S. Stacey, your post is incredible!

Ty and Dani said...

Happy Birthday Pearl! She is such a gorgeous little girl! I love learning all about her through blogging. I hope she and you guys have a wonderful day!

Mike and Brit Harris said...

Cute post Stac! Happy Birthday Pearl! You sure are a cute little stinker!

Kyle and Katie said...

you are such a cute mom!! Pearl is lucky to have you. She is so cute! and i cant believe shes 2!?

russ said...

Happy birthday pretty Pearl!!!

russ said...

... this is Laurel too:)

Lori said...

Lucky little girl, lucky mommy, lovely post. Thanks for sharing.

Jessica Duff said...

What a cute little 2-year-old with a cute mommy.

Heidi and Josch said...

thanks stacey. I consider myself pretty brave for posting that on my blog. a day at the spa sounds like a nice reward! i cant believe your baby is 2. it goes way too fast huh...but some days, not fast enough. lol.

The Bauers said...

Oh I loved this post- I loved the title and it is so true- time goes so fast. What an amazing little girl- Happy Birthday Pearl!

Dave and Kristen Geurts said...

ah! She is not that old yet! That is insane!
She is seriously one of the cutest little kids I have ever seen. I love all the pictures on your blog of her...she's just adorable!

Camille and Paul said...

Stacey I loved your post. So sweet! It is amazing how fast they grow. You don't truly understand it until you have one of your own. She is beautiful!

Rachel Bott said...

I can't believe that she is two already. That is crazy!
Seriously, where does the time go? It was fun to see you the yesterday, we sure have missed you guys. What a great post Stacey. You are such a good mom.

Jonny & Melissa Holmes said...

Staci- I hate you because your post made me cry and because you moved that beautiful little girl and now we don't get to see her every week! Hope you're liking your new house and ward. xxxo, missy & jonny holmes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...