Thursday, April 2, 2009

Every time we're in Louisiana, we have to make a stop in
 the quaint little town of Madisonville.
The streets are lined with vintage shops and boutiques.

We can't come without having at least one meal on the patio of Coffee Rani


My aunt Camille {who rolled up in this thing} joined us. 
 Is she cute or what?

We had a great conversation, that included my cousin Natalie's prom dress.
It had to be unique, had to be vintage, and definitely not too frilly.

We finished the lunch date off right by sharing this beauty.


We went for a spin in Aunt Camille's bug, with the top down and music blaring.
The sun was filtering through the trees and the warm humid air felt like heaven.
My hair was blowing around in the breeze and I was loving every minute.
I felt really happy.

The best thing about the South?
Porches.
Everybody has them, and everybody uses them.
We went from Grandma's porch, to aunt Camille's, and back again.
We spend hours on the porch talking and rocking.
Eventually everyones breathing gets deeper, the rocking gets slower, 
and the words get fewer and farther between.

If you're looking for some R&R, this is the place to be.

Pearl and Papa demonstrates the art of the porch swing at Grandma's house.


Pearl couldn't believe she was lucky enough to spend 4 whole days
with Papa and Nana.


I think it's safe to say she had a good time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacey, the most poignant memory I have of my Grandpa Lacy, (my mom's dad) is sitting in the porch swing in Ashland Oregon for hours with him, just talking or eating pomegranites in the summer!! Watching Pearl in that porch swing was like stepping back in time!

Your grandma is so cute!! She doesn't look 79 to me!

keep up the wonderful blog~
Sheila

Dave and Kristen Geurts said...

that chocolate cake looked delicious...
and I totally wish I had relatives in Louisiana, it looks like a blast!!

grandma to 15 said...

Pearl, I was wondering why you looked so cute in your ponytail the other night ~~~ it was the new shorter, chic bangs!!! good job mom!

ly, grandma j.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...