Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday




Photobucket

This is how it happened.

Flash back to last Thursday
Phone: ring, ring.
Me: Hi Kel
Kel: Hi honey.  do we have any family thing going on this weekend?
Me: No, not that I can think of, how come?
Kel: Well, so and so asked me if I could switch on-call shifts with him this weekend.
        It would be good to get it over with so I don't have to worry about it the rest of the month.
Me: Oh yeah, that should be fine.  
Kel: Alright, I'll let him know.  Love you.
Me: Love you too, oh wait, Pearl wants to talk to you.
Pearl: Hi daddy.  Elmo?
Me: Say love you.
Pearl: La lo
Me: Say bye bye
Pearl: Bye daddy.

Flash forward to Friday

Me: Kelly, do you realize Easter is this Sunday.
Kel: Oh yeah, that's going to be fun.
Me: Yes, but Kelly, you're on-call this weekend.
Kel: What?!  I completely forgot that when I switched schedules.
Me: I know, me too, what were we thinking?!
Kel: Well hopefully I won't get called out too much.
Me:  Yes, that would be great, let's hope for that.

Flash forward to Easter Morning

Phone: ring, ring
Kel: This is Kelly
dispatcher: We need to to deliver this and this and this and that.
Kel: Alright, you got it.

  Kelly left, and I got Pearl up and ready for church.  Pearl and I drove to Sheila's church to go to Sacrament with her.  Kelly surprised us by meeting us there, but had to leave again to finish his deliveries.  It was so nice to have him there, even for just a minute.  Pearl sat on Grandma's lap and played with her necklace, and chewed a stick of her cinnamon gum.  They had a youth speaker who read this story.  I've always loved that story.  Although it still makes me cry every time I hear it.  The spirit was so strong, and I was glad to be there with my little family.
  
After church, Kelly called to inform me that he had been given a list of more deliveries, and wouldn't be home for hours.  I decided to wallow in my own misery for a couple of hours.  Most of that time was spent taking a mother/daughter nap.  Then I woke up and continued my pity-party for a short time.  As soon as Pearl woke up, I snapped out of it.  From that point on I decided we were going to have a GREAT time.  And we did.

We had a full out finger nail painting, hair curling, bow making, dance til you can't dance anymore party.  
There may or may have not been some brownie eating involved.

After our little par-tay, I took Pearl (who was all dolled up from the nail painting, hair curling, bow making party, remember?) to the park, where I proceeded to take a gazillion pictures of her.

See for yourself.





Photobucket


Really though, do you blame me?

From there we went straight to Pappa and Nana's, 
where Mari taught Pearl a new trick?
And Nana and Pearl sang songs together until she became very relaxed.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Kelly showed up just before the sun set.

And we were very happy.

12 comments:

Cristyannie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cristyannie said...

I some how deleted my last post....Stacey this is such a wonderful post! I loved ALL of the pictures! Pearl is so photogenic and you my sister are a wonderful photographer!

the Horton Hurricane said...

what great pictures her smile is so sweet, poor Kelly and Stacey your hair is so pretty like that.

Danelle and Alex said...

You are such a cute mom!!

Dave and Kristen Geurts said...

I don't blame you for taking so many pictures, HELLO, she is soooo stinkin' adorable!! I love it!! So cute... I love her dress... and her hair! I love having girly parties like that with my little niece... best thing ever!!
glad your Easter ended up being ok, even with out Kelly!

Jason and Audrey said...

Good job mom, you put your game face on for easter. I understand as that is the hardest for me to do as a mom!!!

The Bauers said...

I must say that you have the cutest girl EVER!! She is getting so grown up!! Glad you had a great Easter.
p.s. you guys are photography pros

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful easter blog!!!

grandma J loves that little spring princess!

Bunk & Dizz & Moe said...

hey stacey this is lindsey Hill (beckstrand), your little girl is so cute, I love love her dress, her name totally fits her. you guys look great!

Rachel Bott said...

oh Stacey that is awful that he had to work, but I am glad that the two of you had fun. What a darling little dress she has on. She is such a pretty little girl, and boy do I love her.

Kim said...

Wow Pearl is such a cutie pie. I love those Easter pictures of her. Great work! And you look so good too!

RoseAnna said...

You guys are so cute! Pearl is so darling in that little dress. Oh to have a little girl. Sigh. I'm glad Kelly was able to be there for some of Easter. You look so great and you are really really good at taking pictures.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...