Monday, December 15, 2008

Pearl

My dearest Pearl,
  I Love you.  I love the way your little personality is making itself known.  I love it when you put your arm up in the air and say Eeeehhhhh until both  
dad and I are joining in with you.                                                                                  I love your obsession with your new boots Even though they are two sizes too big. I especially the way you call them your "booda."  I'll never forget when you tried them on.  You were grabbing onto the racks of shoes, trying to keep your balance.  I couldn't believe how grown up you looked.
  I think you make quite a statement when you wear them over your footie pj's like that.  
You go girl.
                                         

I am so glad you've come to the
 decision in your life, 
that if you find a good spot to sit, or lay,
you're going to take it.
                                         
 No matter how awkward or unconventional it may seem to the outside world.

 I am somewhat creeped out, yet amused with the fascination you've taken to your
 little doll Noony (new-knee).  
The fact that you came up with that name on your own speaks volumes of you. 


 I do however worry about Noony, seeing as how he was given to me in Ecuador, and I don't know much about his background.  
In fact I never thought I'd see him again, and low and behold, you found him. 

This picture leads me to bring up another point.
I think it was really clever of you not to eat anything, and I do mean ANYTHING
I tried to feed you.  In a moment of despair, I handed you a spoonful of 
whipped chocolate frosting.  That, you did eat.  
              

I'm sorry that I can't help but think it's cute, the way you hate having dirty hands.  I mean you REALLY hate it.  Remember your first birthday?  There wasn't much cake diving going on.


What? Why are you looking at me like that?
Alright, I'll stop blogging so I can wash those little hands.
I love you Pearl.
                                           Love,
                                               Mom

10 comments:

Danelle and Alex said...

She is so cute!! I had a noony when I was little except it was my blanket. Cute post!

Luke & Kimmy said...

Oh my gosh, your right! I could see how Noony would be creepy. I love that she named him that all on her own. Oh, I just love that little Pearl of yours!

Kent said...

She is so cute! Kids are so much fun. By the way, I think someone has done some time altering. I left a comment from your last post at about 11PM last night and I don't think this was there at 7:16PM. It is okay to post at 2AM like me. All real dedicated bloggers do it! I just wanted to give you a hard time. :) I hope you all have a really great Christmas.

Dave and Kristen Geurts said...

she is so adorable stac!
Hope you guys have a VERY Merry Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Pearl I love your little personality, when you walk into a room you make the whole room shine. Pearl, your Aunt Jenny loves you so much. Keep growing into you

the Horton Hurricane said...

I dont know why it says anonymous

Rachel Bott said...

Cute post Stacey, Pearl is lucky to have you as her mom. You are a good mom, Hope you had a nice Christmas hope to see you soon.

And, Lizzy, Doyle, Logan, and Andy said...

Pearl is Cute! I am your nieghbor! I want to meet her! Logan wants to hug her!

cathy bubert said...

Pearl, You are so precious and blessed to have the worlds most amazing Dad and Mom! I love you!
Nana

Shelly said...

Stace,

Your blog is inspiring...your posts never fail to plaster a huge grin on my face :)

I adore you sis.

xo Shell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...