Monday, October 6, 2008

Kelly is 25!

Happy Birthday Kel!

  This picture kills me.  When Kelly was little he always had to have his "weapons."  Even to this day, he has a hard time watching super hero movies because he wishes they were real so badly.  Watching the Incredibles just about did him in.  He was so disappointed  that he, Pearl, and I weren't a family of "supers."  Oh well, life goes on I guess.

Here he is singing happy birthday to himself!



We were celebrating our niece Emma's birthday the same night.

Kelsey, Grandma, and Pearl.
Something tells me those two girls are going to have a lot of fun together.

25 things about Kelly
1. He goes to work all day, spends the rest of the night doing homework, and never complains.
2. He has a plethora 0f dance moves that he pulls out only on occasion.
3. He loves the Disney channel and cartoons just as much as his 7 year old nephew.
4. He doesn't know how to close a cupboard or drawer after he's opened it :)
5. He thinks tomatoes are the devils food.
6. Same thing with lettuce. 
7. He likes to each chocolate chip cookies every Sunday.
8. He is like a walking encyclopedia about college football, especially about BYU.
9. The same thing for politics and history.  He can explain it so well too.
10. On the other hand, there are things he is wrong about......rubbing alcohol does not fix everything. i.e. stains in the carpet, residues on sink fixtures etc.
11. He says that I've taken years off of his life with my backseat driving. (I'm working on it.)
12. He smothers everything he eats in one of his three hot sauces.
13. He can't stand wet shoes on carpet, only because it leads to a greater problem.......
14. He HATES wet socks.
15. He is very artistic.  We have a drawing hanging on our wall made from a sharpie marker.
16. He always says he likes my cooking.  
17. He has never once asked what I've been doing all day when he comes home to a messy house and no dinner.
18. He like to make smoothies, and always mixes the weirdest combinations. Every time says "that was a bad idea."  He still drinks them anyway.
19. Back to BYU football......he's obsessed.  His ringtone on his phone is the cougar fight song.
20. He takes care of Pearl in the morning, so I can sleep in. 
21. He always asks me "what can I do to help you?"
22. He always calls from work to see how Pearl is doing.
23. He does his home teaching.
24. He is the best dad in the world.  Pearl adores him.
25. He is my best friend and I couldn't ask for more.

14 comments:

Dave and Kristen Geurts said...

tell kelly happy birthday!! How fun.. you kids are getting old, just like us! Dave just had his 27th birthday... he is such a grandpa man!

Ilez said...

Happy Birthday!
That's so sweet that he's such a good husband but I'm sure you're a wonderful wife to him too.

Troy & Cherlyn said...

Stacey that list is so cute, we loved reading it. TJ is just like Kelly about his "weapons" it is cute to see that picture. To your list I'd like to add that Kelly always sees the reality of things. That is very helpful to emotional thinkers.

Kent said...

Happy Birthday! In my mind you ARE a super hero! GO COUGARS!

Mandi said...

Hot sauce won't kill you, salt on the other hand is very very bad for you in large quantities. I am remembering you in Ecuador would get so annoyed if anyone asked you to pass the salt. YOu would ask for it right back, the shake a little before every bite. Go Cougars!!

colton said...

you forgot one, he plays a mean game of double dribble. happy late birthday kelly.

Luke & Kimmy said...

happy birthday man!
-luke

Mike and Brit Harris said...

Happy Late B-day Kel! Stac,funny/cute 25 things about Kelly! We're excited to really hang ou this weekend!

The Seamans said...

I love reading your blog! It makes me smile every time! You and Kel are so in love and it is really fun to watch it get better and better :)

Jenny said...

My little brother knows what he likes and what he does not. The best part of that is what ya see is what ya get, we love you C-dog

Lori said...

Thank you for posting that!!! What memories it brings about Kelly and Jordan. Those were some fun times so many years ago. We love you Kelly!!! and are so proud of the man, and father you have grown into. Loved the pictures as well!

Jason and Audrey said...

HAppy Birthday Kelly! Stacey, I loved reading the fun things you wrote about Kelly! You put things so well!

Shelly said...

How can your posts make me laugh and cry at the same time? I adore you Jewekeses and hope you all have LOTS more birthdays!! Xo

Jason & Lacee said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever read! Thanks for doing that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...