Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I know....I know

I have been scolded a few times now about my lack of blogging.  Which I am sorry about, but this has been a CRAZY couple of months for the Jewkes family.  We'll start on July 11th.

We bought a new car.  We were so excited about it.  Not to mention we actually really liked our salesman.


Then we came home to a real sweet surprise........
Our sewer line backed up

We called Neerings.  Mostly because of the cute picture on their advertisement.  We were so disappointed when Mr. Neerings and his son didn't didn't show up at the door wearing matching shirts.  Although we did like the plumber that came to help us out.  $531 later, our pipes had been snaked and we were told everything was fine.  I threw in a load of laundry, and we went to dinner.  We came home to find our basement had FLOODED!
Neerings came back.  This time they sent a camera through the pipes and found that tree roots had buckled the sewer line in two places, and our only option was to replace the whole thing.  It was quite the event.  

Side note:  We did not use Neerings to replace the sewer line.  J C Testing gave us a quote for $15,000 less than Neerings, so we used them and they were great.





They had to tear out some of the carpet and dry wall from the basement.


We couldn't use our kitchen sink, so we did our dishes on our back porch in a laundry basket.  


When we realized this just wasn't working out for us, we packed up and headed to a hotel.





Pearl loved hanging out with Dad.

Cleaning the knobs.

Cleaning herself.


and causing mischief. 

Pearl and I spent our days at the laundry Mat 

She thought it was pretty great.

Luckily aunt Cristy was there to help us out.

On July 16th, it seemed like things were starting to look up.........
Pearl took her first steps!

A few days later she mastered the straw.  

We thought our luck had changed for good.

I would understand if you stop reading now, if you haven't already.
It only gets worst from here.

Well remember that new car we bought?
I locked Pearl in it.  
As soon as I shut the door I realized what I had done.
Pearl just looked at me from her car seat with the keys sitting next to her.

We thought the police would be the fastest option.
Long story short, He couldn't get it unlocked, so he pulled out his night stick 
and broke the window. 
She had been in there for a while, so the police officer called an ambulance 
to come check her out.
Wouldn't you know....the EMT is Clint Jeppson from my home ward.
I promised him I was usually a good mom.  He was real nice about it.

My neighbor Audrey was a real life-saver through it all.  She spent an hour vacuuming the car for me.  Although the next time I pulled my wallet out of my purse, this is what I found.

Now I really don't think you're going to believe this part.
After the sewer line was replaced, we needed to have the concrete poured over the hole, which we hadn't gotten around to yet.
Kelly was on his way to take the car to have the window replaced, and thanks to the biggest rainstorm of the year, the un-cemented dirt on our driveway became our own personal sink-hole. 



Luckily, once again, we have good neighbors.  Audrey's husband Jason helped Kelly tow it out.

The neighborhood kids had never seen anything like it.  They were pulling out their cameras, cell-phones, pointing, laughing......it was bad.
Needless to say, we are getting that fixed A.S.A.P.  
If you have made it to the end of this post.  Thank you for bearing with me.  Hopefully next time I won't have so much to blog about!

28 comments:

laurdacooj said...

oh my goodness Stacey! I'm sorry, you need a vaca BAD!!! and from someone else's wallet! I would like to donate $5 to the fun Save Stacey's Summer fund:)... just send me your address:)!!!
This afternoon I was cleaning out photos and I found so many of you... you cute thing! Pearl is adorable, good thing she is helping her parents thru some tough times! Way to go kiddo! Here's to hoping for a FANTASTIC next two months!

Kent said...

I am surprised that you would think people would not find that interesting. I mean it is not like they are reading my blog. That is so sad you guys had all the challenges, but amidst all the challenges it looks like some good stuff took place. And really, now I think you guys are good in the challenges arena for quite a while. Isn't that how it works?

Dave and Kristen Geurts said...

whoa!! Sounds like you guys have been pretty busy!! I hope things are back to normal for you now.
Pearl is cute as ever.

Luke & Kimmy said...

First of all Woo Woo for finally updating your blog! It was so much fun to read and I loved that you had pictures for all of it. I'm so sorry to hear about all your bad luck. That totally sucks. Hopefully the fall season will work out better for you guys.

-Kim

The Batty Spot said...

Hey Stacey- It's RoseAnna. Honestly...what an exciting time you have had. I'm so sorry...hopefully things start to turn around for you. Pearl is the cutest thing ever!!! How fun. Are you living in Bountiful? Anyway, you look amazing and so happy!! Love ya Seniorita Stacey!!

ashlan said...

Stacey That is to unbelievable.....If it makes you feel any better ( I doubt it will) I locked Ryker in the car the other day, thank goodness for onstar. I had it unlocked in a few minutes, but the girl on the phone made me feel like an idoit. I know she was thinking who lockes there kid in the car. I do! Well it can't get any worse!

Rachel Bott said...

Oh Stace, what a summer, hey in a year you can laugh at all of this. I have to say you have some of the worst luck. I don't know pretty ridiculous.

Mandi said...

OH MY HECK I can't believe it. I miss you so much. I was soooo excited to hear from you. I think about all of you alot but have lost contact with nearly everyone!! Happy day. Actually crappy days for you. YOu guys have some crappy luck. Funny though for me. Pearl is darling. I will check in on you often!!! Great to hear from you!!!

Jenny in Utah said...

I wouldn't believe it all if I hadn't seen it all happen (well - parts of it at least). I am so glad you are sticking around after all of that. I love the image of doing dishes on the back porch in a laundry basket - too much. I am so glad you all opted for a hotel!

lil hurst fam said...

WOW! I'm so glad you have a sense of humor. I got a headache just reading this post. You guys are awesome! And Pearl is adorable as always.

Julie W said...

Stacy!!!! I had no Idea! your life is crazy...I hope it slows down.
I always worry about locking the kids in the car. I am so glad you did it first so I wont feel so bad when I do it!

ThE sLaTeRs.... said...

Oh my gosh you guys! What a crazy month for you three! As I was reading I couldn't believe that was all happening in such a short amount of time. Well, all I can say is your guys are troopers! I hope that things are getting better for your cute little fam. Pearl is so adorable. The picture of her taking her first steps is priceless! Anyways, I hope all is well and hope to see you guys soon! Also, Thanks so much for coming to our wedding and supporting us. It meant so much to Trav and I. Sure love you guys. Keep in touch!

Luke & Kimmy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ben-Joelle-Dane said...

What in the HE**!!! That is the craziest string of events I've ever heard of!! I'm so sorry! I'm glad you at least had a fun hotel stay:) ha ha...that is the dumbest thing I've ever said. Anyways, wow, I'm glad things are getting back to normal, I'm also glad you had a mini trip to St. George last weekend. I know Shelly had so much fun! Hope to see you soon!

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

Oh my goodnes...that is the craziest story(s) ever! So sorry about all the drama. But hey, you got a GREAT post out of it, and you're only out what...$10,000! :)

Ilez said...

Stacey,
Hey its Ilez from your old ward. Its good to catch up on you. I didn't even know you had a daughter and that she is a year old now! Time definitely flies! I hope things get better from your last blog but you have a way cute family!

corryfever said...

what the funk?!!!!

Tara Trythall said...

I am feeling REALLY guilty about how hard I am laughing! Stacey, that is terrible! Seriously! I can't believe all of that happened in such a short time. As happy as I was to see that you updated your blog, I'm sorry y'all have been through so much! Hope this next month is MUCH better! Love ya!

Jason & Lacee said...

oh my gosh! Ya'll have been threw it. But good news, Pearl is gorgeous!

And, Lizzy, Doyle, Logan, and Andy said...

I have some good news- We love you, but bummer about all that other lameness! ps, sometimes I see pictures of when you use to do my hair and I love it, and I ask someone else to do it cute like that, but they are not as good as you, and it never looks as good.

Jason and Audrey said...

I was there for most of that stuff, and boy oh boy, you make it sound so much fun! You have a way of making everything fun!
NExt time come do laundry and dishes at my house...UNLESS you can get it done while you're at a hotel, for FREE!

Camille and Paul said...

Seriously? People can't even make up things that good, or bad depending on how you look at it. And the pictures...priceless. I am sorry you had to go through all of that! Can we get together soon and just have a nice lunch at cafe rio?

Danelle and Alex said...

Good heavens!! That really stinks!! I hope things get better for you guys!

Shelly said...

Hey Sis,
You really are amazing--if only everyone knew all the other things you've been juggling in the midst of your afflictions ;)Love you, xo

Marianne said...

ummm... do you need a vacation?!?!? What a crazy turn of events!! You guys are awesome to get through it with a good sense of humor!! Pearl is ADORABLE!!

Rachel said...

Holy Cow Stacey.. I thought my last couple months had been bad. Through all this you are still so positive. Your amazing!!

D and A said...

oh my gosh: one, you guys have a blog, two, your lucks really sucks and three, you have the cutest family ever. Pearl looks just like you stacy! She is so beautiful. But you totally know she's kelly's girl!! Hope you guys are well now. love you both... angel

Anonymous said...

you guys look great!!! what a darling Thanksgiving picture of the Kelly Jewkes family - who would believe that it was that nice a day for a Utah Thanksgiving?! So glad to see Pearl picked the chocolate pie for her dessert~~chocolate rocks doesn't granddaughter! Love you all sooooo much~ "26 days till Christmas" ( smile ) love, Sheila

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...