Monday, July 7, 2008

Life with a ONE YEAR OLD!!


How do I begin?  First off, my little Pearly girl actually turned one on June 2nd.  I haven't blogged about it yet, because I'm in denial that she's growing up so fast.  Really though, I'm okay with it because she just gets more and more fun everyday.  She has such a spunky little personality, and her laugh kills me.  When she gives me that huge smile that shows her two little teeth, I have to bite the inside of my cheeks to resist squeezing her too hard.  I never thought anything barely over two feet tall could change my whole world.  I have a love for her that's unlike anything else.  The night she was born Kelly said to me, "here is this little person I've only known a few minutes, and I already love her so much I would take a bullet for her."  You better believe that melted my heart.  
Life will never be the same again.  I will always wonder if she's tired, if she's happy, if she's hungry, and if she's safe.  It comes with the territory of being a parent, and I absolutely can't get enough of it.  I try to savor every minute of it.  I can't believe a year has gone by so fast.  She is the love of our lives, and I don't think it gets any better than this.

Pearl's favorite things to do:
  • Play patty cake
  • Put on chapstick
  • Close the doors
  • Turn the lights off and on
  • Give courtesy laughs
  • DANCE! 
  • Give open mouth kisses
  • Play with her Grandmas' and Grandpas'
  • Yell at the dogs to get down. {don't know where she learned that.} 
  • Put her binky in her mouth upside down
  • Read books
  • Sing songs
  • Hug her stuffed animals
  • Brush her two teeth
  • Take baths
  • Go for walks
  • Eating bananas
  • and even more so, eating cookies!

PEARL'S FIRST BIRTHDAY!!

Pearl didn't have a nap before the party. {I won't make that mistake again.}  As you can tell in the pictures, she wasn't quite into any of it.  She thought she would have been better off in a crib somewhere.  We sure had fun though.


Pearl wasn't so sure about the whole cake thing.  She delicately dipped one finger into the frosting and licked it off. 


Kelly decided to take matters into his own hands, and help Pearl dive into it.

OOPS!  The problem with that was that Pearl HATES when her hands are dirty.

She was interested in opening her presents for about 10 seconds.  
Kelly and I took over from there.


Aunt Cristy bought her that tiny pearl necklace before she was even born!


She loves her daddy!


That is one tired Birthday Girl!

21 comments:

lauren said...

i can't believe she's already one! crrrazy.

Camille and Paul said...

I love your pictures! What kind of camera do you use? Pearl still looks beautiful even without a nap! :)

Danelle & Alex said...

You are the sweetest little mom and you guys have such an amazing and cute family! I think Pearl looks like your mom in some of her pictures. She is so cute!

The Bybees said...

Stacey and Kelly -
Hey I found your blog on Stringhams. Pearl seriously is so dang cute. She is such a pretty baby. This is Chnatel (Kasteler) Bybee

Jason and Audrey said...

She is sooo beautiful! I love to read your posts. You always describe everything perfectly! Could I hire you to make scrapbooks and everything for my 4 kids? : )

Shelly said...

Thanks for posting Pearl's birthday pix...that was such a memorable night! I'll never forget the fairy princess dress you made for her, or how upset her chocolate-covered hands made her. I've been craving a genuine laugh all day, thanks Stace :) xo

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

OH my gosh...she is the sweetest thing ever. ånd YOU are the best mom ever! Such sweet things for your precious little Pearl. SO cute!

Luke & Kimmy said...

You guys are the greatest! we are so glad you have a blog. Those pictures are really good and pearl is so cute and entertaining during church. Dont stop rappin!
-luke

corryfever said...

she is not one! i refuse to believe it. i cannot believe she is laughing, talking, wearing chapstick!!! it kindof breaks my heart. i haven't seen her in so long. she is so so beautiful. she is so you stace.

Danelle & Alex said...

I am going to post my memory on here even though I already posted on here ha! I didnt know I told you about my paper cute phobia but it made my knees hurt reading about it! All of my memories of you are about how happy you always are! I dont think I have ever seen you sad or in a bad mood! You always have a huge grin. You are definitely one of the nicest people I know!

Dave and Kristen Geurts said...

She is so cute Stacy!! holy cow, I can't believe she is one.
I found your blog, and showed Dave, and we MISS you! I wish you still did our hair, your the only one who is any good at it.
Hope you guys are doing well!

Greg&Ky said...

I can't tell you how excited I was to find your blog! Lacey and I tried calling you the other day because we want to do dinner sometime. I tried your number and I think it must be wrong. We thought maybe we could be lucky and find you on blogspot... Lucky me. I can't believe Pearl is one year old. I really want us to get together THE PEPPER CLUB if we can work it out. Your pictures are so cute! Can't wait to hear from you!

Greg&Ky said...

I really can't believe it! So we need to get in touch with Kristin and set it up. What nights work for you Lacey and I are good with... Maybe a wednesday night?... Let me know. you can e mail me your number and we can talk on the phone. kylene_tait@yahoo.com

Colby and Steph Stringham said...

she is beautiful! i can't believe you guys have a ONE year old! Man, we need to jump on that... literally! haha miss you guys!

Jeff and Lacey said...

Stacey,
Whats up girl! Kylene told me she was going to look for your blog! We miss you so much, we always talk about what a good time we had in school! We need to get together soon! And also Pearl is the cutest thing ever! I want to see her!

Jimmy and Lindsey said...

We love your blog! What a darling family!

Jimmy and Lindsey said...

Hey guys we put our blog to private a while ago and didn't get everyone added (You may be added we are just sending this to everyone.) If you want an add send an e-mail to scully171@gmail.com!

lil hurst fam said...

she so freak'n cute. I just can't get over it.

Bobbie Jo said...

hey she is such a beauti. give me your email so I can invite you to my blog. I set it on private. love ya!

Thorntons said...

Hey Stacie this is Brittany Thornton I have to put a block on my blog if you want to view it e-mail me and I'll put you on my list. brittanythornton@comast.net

D and A said...

LOL!! The dirty hands photo is priceless! LOL!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...